Craig M Bergez > Porter Hedges LLP > Houston, United States > Lawyer Profile
Porter Hedges LLP Offices
1000 MAIN STREET
HOUSTON, TX 77002
- Go to...
Craig M Bergez
Craig Bergez counsels private companies and their owners regarding general business matters, and provides tax advice to a wide variety of stakeholders in connection with planning transactions.
Craig’s corporate practice is focused on the middle market and involves counseling private companies and their owners (including family-owned businesses) regarding general organizational and operational matters (including business formation and structure), and in connection with making investments, selling businesses, buying businesses, entering into joint ventures, and admitting investors and key employees as new owners.
Craig’s tax practice is focused on general transactional planning, with an emphasis on joint ventures, mergers and acquisitions, investment transactions, and choice of entity considerations.
Craig has been selected for inclusion in Texas Super Lawyers in tax law since 2004. In 2009, he was named as a top lawyer in the State of Texas in the area of tax law by Super Lawyers – Corporate Counsel Edition.
- Martindale Hubbell AV Rated Attorney
- Houston Bar Association, Tax Section, Member; Council (2009-Present); Chair (2013-2014); Chair-Elect (2012-2013); Secretary (2011-2012); Treasurer (2010-2011); Mergers & Acquisitions Section, Member
- Houston Tax Roundtable, Member; President (2010-2011)
- Wednesday Tax Forum, Member
- Foundation for the Retarded, Board of Trustees (2004-2009)
- The Center Serving Persons with Mental Retardation dba The Center for the Retarded, Board of Directors (1999-2004)
Craig received his J.D. from the University of California, Hastings College of the Law, his LL.M., Taxation from the New York University School of Law, and his B.A. from University of California at Berkeley.