Adv Belén Jaramillo-Álvarez > Pérez Bustamante & Ponce > Quito, Ecuador > Lawyer Profile
Pérez Bustamante & Ponce Offices
AV REPÚBLICA DE EL SALVADOR N36-140
EDIFICIO MANSIÓN BLANCA
- Go to...
Adv Belén Jaramillo-Álvarez
Belén specializes in corporate labor law, with experience in administrative, labor and judicial matters. Her advice focuses on dispute prevention and labor relations management involving the administrative labor authority.
Her experience is supplemented by her specialization in administrative law and her experience as Regional Labor Director, which has allowed her to manage labor disputes with a broad perspective.
She also manages social security issues, offering clients comprehensive advice on prevention, commercial transactions and individual or collective disputes.
- Pérez Bustamante & Ponce (2011 – present)
- Principal member of the Sectoral Commission for Setting Minimum Salaries for the Employer Sector, Ecuador (2011- present)
- Technical Director – Legal Counsel, Office of the Deputy Minister of Labor, Ministry of Labor Relations, Ecuador (2009-2011)
- Regional Labor Director of Quito, Ministry of Labor, Ecuador (2009)
- Acting Regional Director for Southern Ecuador, Ministry of Labor, Ecuador (2009)
- Ecuador Bar Association
- International Bar Association
- Universidad Internacional SEK, Quito, Ecuador (Doctor of Jurisprudence, 2007)
- Universidad Internacional SEK, Quito, Ecuador (Lawyer, 2002)
- Universidad de Buenos Aires, Argentina (Diploma in Industrial Property, 2005)
- INCAE Business School Nicaragua, Costa Rica (Diploma in Business Administration for Attorneys, 2012)
- Universidad Andina Simón Bolívar, Quito, Ecuador (Specialization in Administrative Law, 2008)
- INIDEM Business Law School, Panama City, Panama (Master’s Degree in Law, LLM, 2016)
Lawyer Rankings(Rising stars)
Pérez Bustamante & Ponce stands out for its broad labour offering for clients in both domestic and international contexts, handling collective bargaining, social security, immigration, and litigation for high-profile actors in the oil, gas and mining, retail and pharmaceuticals sectors, among others. Recently, the team represented Techint in the filing of an administrative claim in connection with a collective bargaining agreement negotiated with the company’s workers union. Acting on this matter and leading the team is expert litigator Javier Salvador; he works alongside ‘extraordinary‘ associate practice director Belén Jaramillo, whose focus is on labour-relations management. Also noted, associate Victor Cabezas specialises in complex labour litigation and constitutional claims.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Banking and finance
- Competition and antitrust
- Corporate and M&A
- Energy and natural resources
- Labour and employment
- Real estate