Adv Andrés Rubio Puente > Pérez Bustamante & Ponce > Quito, Ecuador > Lawyer Profile
Pérez Bustamante & Ponce Offices
AV REPÚBLICA DE EL SALVADOR N36-140
EDIFICIO MANSIÓN BLANCA
- Go to...
Adv Andrés Rubio Puente
Andrés specializes in competition law and advises and represents clients before administrative and judicial authorities. He has represented multinational companies in investigations of abuse of market power, restrictive practices and disputes for unfair competition through administrative and judicial channels. Andrés has worked on various complex M&A transactions.
In the academic field, he has worked as assistant professor in competition law. Currently, he is editor of the Competition Law Research Group – Legal Research Institute at Universidad San Francisco de Quito, where he is particularly interested in the convergence of law and economics.
- Pérez Bustamante & Ponce (2019 – present)
- Associate, CorralRosales, Quito, Ecuador (2017 – 2019)
- Head of Department, Special Research and Litigation, Meythaler & Zambrano Abogados, Quito, Ecuador (2011 – 2014)
- Foro de Abogados del Ecuador
- International Bar Association
- The London School of Economics and Political Science, UK, (LLM Competition, Innovation & Trade Law, 2015)
- Universidad Andina Simón Bolívar, Quito, Ecuador (Specialist in Administrative Law, 2014)
- Universidad San Francisco de Quito, Ecuador (Attorney, 2012)
Pérez Bustamante & Ponce remains an undoubted leader for competition and antitrust matters, with an offering that extends to litigation, abuse of dominance, cartels, state aid, merger control, and unfair competition. Demonstrating ‘extensive technical knowledge’, the team acts for an impressive roster of regional and multinational clients, particularly as regards international merger clearances, with recent highlights including advice to ARCA Continental in connection with its acquisition of Carli Snacks. ‘Talented’ practice head Diego Pérez led on the matter; he has over 25 years’ experience handling cross-border and antitrust matters. Pérez is flanked by two experienced associates: Mario Navarrete Serrano (who was promoted to practice director in October 2022), focuses on complex antitrust cases and is ‘the star of the team‘; and senior Andrés Rubio Puente, who -while he has a broader practice that encompasses competition, foreign trade and dispute resolution- nevertheless has considerable experience of both investigations’ work and complex merger filings.