Adv Maria Isabel Aillon-Vasconez > Pérez Bustamante & Ponce > Quito, Ecuador > Lawyer Profile
Pérez Bustamante & Ponce Offices
AV REPÚBLICA DE EL SALVADOR N36-140
EDIFICIO MANSIÓN BLANCA
- Go to...
Adv Maria Isabel Aillon-Vasconez
María Isabel specializes in mining and dispute resolution.
She advises investors on the process of obtaining concessions, structuring investments and mining regulations. She often represents her clients before sector authorities.
In the area of dispute resolution, María Isabel represents domestic and foreign companies in legal proceedings that include: civil liability and tort, environmental responsibility, administrative proceedings and litigation at the Ecuadorian courts, and domestic and international arbitration.
- Pérez Bustamante & Ponce (2007 – present)
- Ecuador Bar Association
- International Bar Association
- Pontificia Universidad Católica del Ecuador, Quito (Lawyer, 2010)
- Universidad Andina Simón Bolívar, Quito, Ecuador (Advanced Specialist in Constitutional Law, 2011)
- The Center for American and International Law, Texas, U.S.A. (Fellow of the Academy, 2012)
- Universidad Andina Simón Bolívar, Quito, Ecuador (Master’s Degree in Constitutional Law, 2013)
- University of California, Berkeley, U.S.A. (Master’s Degree in Law, LL.M., 2015)
Lawyer Rankings(Rising stars)
Pérez Bustamante & Ponce remains one of the strongest players for energy and natural resources work in Ecuador, providing a full service to clients across the mining, renewables, oil and gas, and electricity spaces. The team comprises a wide range of specialists from across the firm’s other departments, and as such, provides advice on tax, labour, environmental, financing and corporate matters, as well as handling contentious matters, including contract disputes with government bodies. The large team includes Francisco Roldán-Cobo, who is highly experienced in contract negotiation for the oil and gas sectors, managing partner Sebastián Pérez Arteta, who primarily advises on transactions, environmental specialist Jaime Zaldumbide, and recent hire Sebastián Cortez, who joined the practice in January 2021 from Noboa, Peña & Torres, Abogados and focuses on regulatory work. Senior associate María Isabel Aillón-Vásconez is also recommended, particularly for disputes in the mining sector.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Banking and finance
- Competition and antitrust
- Corporate and M&A
- Dispute resolution
- Energy and natural resources
- Labour and employment
- Real estate