Adv Diego Pérez-Ordoñez > Pérez Bustamante & Ponce > Quito, Ecuador > Lawyer Profile
Pérez Bustamante & Ponce Offices
AV REPÚBLICA DE EL SALVADOR N36-140
EDIFICIO MANSIÓN BLANCA
- Go to...
Adv Diego Pérez-Ordoñez
Diego focuses on mergers and acquisitions and competition matters. In the field of M&A he represents strategic buyers, sellers, investment banks and investment funds in international transactions, acquisitions, joint ventures, asset acquisition, share purchase agreements (SPAs), shareholder’s agreements (SHAs), due diligence processes, closing of transactions and other complex corporate matters.
He is also experienced in competition control of mergers and acquisitions and in regulatory aspects of the area.
Parter – Professional Manager
- Pérez Bustamante & Ponce (2000 – present)
- Professor of Political Law, School of Law, Universidad San Francisco de Quito, Ecuador (1999 – present)
- Professor of Constitutional Law, School of Law, Universidad San Francisco de Quito, Ecuador (1999 – present)
- Member, Instituto Iberoamericano de Derecho Constitucional (2017 – present)
- Editor, luris Dictio magazine (1999 – 2013)
- International Bar Association
- Ecuador Bar Association
- Pontificia Universidad Católica del Ecuador, Quito (Doctor of Jurisprudence, 1996)
- London School of Economics, U.K. (Diploma in Microeconomics, 1990)
- Universidad de Salamanca, Spain (Graduate Studies in Political Science, 2000)
Lawyer Rankings(Leading individuals)
Pérez Bustamante & Ponce remains an undoubted leader for competition and antitrust matters, with an offering that extends to litigation, abuse of dominance, cartels, state aid, merger control, and unfair competition. Demonstrating ‘extensive technical knowledge’, the team acts for an impressive roster of regional and multinational clients, particularly as regards international merger clearances, with recent highlights including advice to ARCA Continental in connection with its acquisition of Carli Snacks. ‘Talented’ practice head Diego Pérez led on the matter; he has over 25 years’ experience handling cross-border and antitrust matters. Pérez is flanked by two experienced associates: Mario Navarrete Serrano (who was promoted to practice director in October 2022), focuses on complex antitrust cases and is ‘the star of the team‘; and senior Andrés Rubio Puente, who -while he has a broader practice that encompasses competition, foreign trade and dispute resolution- nevertheless has considerable experience of both investigations’ work and complex merger filings.
Full-service market powerhouse Pérez Bustamante & Ponce fields a 40 strong corporate practice (including 15 corporate tax advisers) and can comfortably undertake sizeable transactions and mandates. Recent highlights saw the team advise Procesadora Nacional de Alimentos on the purchase and lease of all poultry-company Avesca Avicola Ecuatoriana’s productive assets – a transaction that also involved employment matters, service agreements, trade mark licensing and a purchase option agreement as well as the contractual framework to implement the deal. Handling this matter and leading the wider corporate practice is Diego Pérez, who has profound experience in transactions involving both domestic and foreign companies. Fellow partner Juan Manuel Marchán heads up the firm’s growing Guayaquil presence and frequently handles M&A work related to infrastructure and projects. On the corporate side, the team has benefitted from Esteban Ortiz Mena’s July-2021 return (as a partner) from the Superintendencia de Compañias, Valor y Seguros; his practice focuses on company law, corporate affairs and corporate governance matters. At associate level, senior Andrés Brown is an up-and-coming figure of note; admitted to practice in Spain, New York and Ecuador, he regularly advises clients on local and international transactions in relation to acquisitions, joint ventures, asset purchases and share purchase agreements.
- Competition and antitrust - Ecuador
- Corporate and M&A - Ecuador
- Leading individuals - Ecuador > Corporate and M&A
- Leading individuals - Ecuador > Competition and antitrust
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Banking and finance
- Competition and antitrust
- Corporate and M&A
- Energy and natural resources
- Labour and employment
- Real estate