Adv Pablo Ortiz > Pérez Bustamante & Ponce > Quito, Ecuador > Lawyer Profile
Pérez Bustamante & Ponce Offices
AV REPÚBLICA DE EL SALVADOR N36-140
EDIFICIO MANSIÓN BLANCA
- Go to...
Adv Pablo Ortiz
Pablo has a proven track record advising finance, aviation and media clients on corporate, commercial and regulatory matters. He also represents clients in claims before local regulators and in civil, commercial and criminal litigation.
- Pérez Bustamante & Ponce (2001 – present)
- Professor of Corporate Law, Pontificia Universidad Católica del Ecuador, Quito (1995 – 2010)
- Professor of Financial and Stock Exchange Law, Universidad Andina Simón Bolívar, Quito, Ecuador (1995 – 2003)
- Estudio Jurídico Fabián Ponce O. y Asociados Cía. Ltda. (1988 – 1992, 1995 – 2001)
- Deputy Superintendent of Companies, Superintendency of Companies, Securities and Insurance, Ecuador (1992 – 1995)
- Alternate President, National Securities Council, Ecuador (1993 – 1995)
- Director, Legal Advice Department, Ministry of Industry, Ecuador (1987 – 1988)
- Private Secretary to the Quito Mayor (1978 – 1980)
- Ecuador Bar Association
- Internationl Bar Association
- Pontificia Universidad Católica del Ecuador, Quito (Doctor of Jurisprudence, 1979)
- Pontificia Universidad Católica del Ecuador, Quito (Degree in Social Science, 1977)
Pérez Bustamante & Ponce asserts its standing as a leader with regard to banking and finance work, with an international and domestic client roster featuring major financial banks and foreign investors. The team, which is led by Bruno Pineda, works out of Quito and Guayaquil, and has experience dealing with the full spectrum of financing modes, including complex loans, multilateral lending agreements and sovereign debt deals. Recent matters saw the team advise Banco Pichincha on the first securitization issued by an Ecuadorian bank to be purchased by a foreign segregated portfolio company (SPC). In a cross-border context, the firm also acted for Dutch investment agency FMO in a transaction with Produbanco, handling the drafting of a subordinated facility agreement. Associate support is provided by Ricardo Pérez and David Noel. Moreover, the team was significantly strengthened with the arrival of Pablo Ortiz (who undertakes banking, finance and insurance matters as part of his wider practice), formerly Ecuador’s ambassador in Belgium and the European Union; and of senior associate Juan Francisco Simone (financial law, fintech, payment systems, ‘insurtech’ and capital markets), who joined from his role as Advisor to the National Assembly of Ecuador in November 2021.