Mark Jones > Nelson Mullins Riley & Scarborough LLP > Columbia, United States > Lawyer Profile
Nelson Mullins Riley & Scarborough LLP Offices
MERIDIAN, 17TH FLOOR
1320 MAIN STREET
COLUMBIA, SC 29201
- Go to...
J. Mark Jones practices in the areas of pharmaceutical, business, intellectual property, and technology litigation.
- South Carolina Bar
- American Bar Association
- Defense Research Institute
- Richland County Bar Association
University of South Carolina School of Law, JD (1987), University of South Carolina, BA, English and History, cum laude (1984)
United States > Dispute resolution > Product liability, mass tort and class actions: toxic tort - defense
Led by Mark Jones and David Dukes in Columbia, the team at Nelson Mullins Riley & Scarborough LLP regularly acts for manufacturers in the pharmaceuticals and medical devices sector and specializes in asbestos exposure cases. Recent highlights include acting for Purdue Pharma in opioid litigation, and representing Honeywell in a series of lawsuits brought by plaintiffs alleging that the client’s products cause serious diseases such as mesothelioma. Other members of the practice include Michael Brown in Baltimore, Charleston-based Mark Phillips and James Irvin in Columbia.
- Product liability, mass tort and class actions: toxic tort - defense - United States > Dispute resolution
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Dispute resolution > Product liability, mass tort and class actions: toxic tort - defense
- Industry focus > Transport: rail and road - litigation
- Government > Government relations
- M&A/corporate and commercial > M&A: middle-market (sub-$500m)
- Industry focus > Healthcare: service providers
- Real estate > Real estate