Lucie Cohen > Nelson Mullins Riley & Scarborough LLP > Columbia, United States > Lawyer Profile
Nelson Mullins Riley & Scarborough LLP Offices
MERIDIAN, 17TH FLOOR
1320 MAIN STREET
COLUMBIA, SC 29201
- Go to...
Lucie Cohen is a partner who serves as discovery counsel to clients in complex litigation matters and government investigations, developing discovery response strategies, negotiating ESI protocols and other discovery orders, and advocating on behalf of clients regarding scope of discovery, burden issues, and culling and search methodologies. Her clients often face interrelated litigation and government inquiries in antitrust, securities, data breach, and other contexts, and she works closely with clients to coordinate discovery strategy and operations across matters.
For many clients, she serves as enterprise e-discovery counsel and coordinates consistent approaches across the client’s litigation matters and investigations. She also counsels clients on information management and data governance strategies, policies, and practices, including records management efforts and defensible disposition of aged data.
- Sedona Conference
- ARMA International
- DRI – The Voice of the Defense Bar
- American Bar Association
- South Carolina Bar
- South Carolina Women Lawyers Association
- South Carolina Defense Trial Attorneys’ Association
- Richland County Bar Association
University of South Carolina School of Law, JD (2007), College of Charleston, MS, Environmental Studies (2002)
United States > Dispute resolution > E-discovery
The Columbia-based team at Nelson Mullins Riley & Scarborough LLP houses a mix of attorney-advocates, technology specialists and project management staff, advising both government entities and corporates on a variety of e-discovery issues. It receives praise for its scalable document review platform, which complements the group’s ‘good depth‘ of litigators. ‘Well recognized by clients‘, practice head John Martin is ably supported by Lucie Cohen and Heyward Bonyata. Clients include Anthem, Eli Lilly and Entergy Corporation.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Dispute resolution > Product liability, mass tort and class actions: toxic tort - defense
- Industry focus > Transport: rail and road - litigation
- Government > Government relations
- M&A/corporate and commercial > M&A: middle-market (sub-$500m)
- Industry focus > Healthcare: service providers
- Real estate > Real estate
- Real estate > Real estate2