Gus Dixon > Nelson Mullins Riley & Scarborough LLP > Columbia, United States > Lawyer Profile
Nelson Mullins Riley & Scarborough LLP Offices
MERIDIAN, 17TH FLOOR
1320 MAIN STREET
COLUMBIA, SC 29201
- Go to...
Gus M. Dixon practices in the areas of securities law, corporate law, corporate finance, mergers and acquisitions, outsourcing, special litigation and corporate investigations, and technology law at Nelson Mullins. He is a co-leader of the Firm’s Mergers and Acquisitions Group and is the Chair of the Firm’s Opinion Committee.
- Member of the Subcommittee on Legal Opinions for the Corporate, Banking, and Securities Law Section of the South Carolina Bar
- Former Chair of the Corporate, Banking, and Securities Law Section of the South Carolina Bar
- Former Adjunct Professor of Legal Writing at the University of South Carolina School of Law (1998–2002)
- Board Member of the Nelson Mullins Center for Professionalism at the University of South Carolina School of Law
- Co-leader of Nelson Mullins’ Mergers and Acquisitions Group
- Chair of the Firm’s Opinion Committee
- Former Chair of the Firm’s Marketing and Planning Committee
University of South Carolina School of Law, JD; University of Virginia
United States > M&A/corporate and commercial > M&A: middle-market (sub-$500m)
Nelson Mullins Riley & Scarborough LLP ‘delivers a timely and expeditious service and the assignment of practice specialists is fast and smooth‘. The national corporate and M&A team has over 80 lawyers across the US; it stands out for banking and technology sector M&A and has significant private equity and venture capital expertise. It acted for Novolex, a plastics and packaging manufacturer, in its acquisition of the Waddington Group, a global consumer and commercial package manufacturing business; and in a $220m financial services M&A deal, the practice assisted Florida-based Gibraltar Private Bank and Trust on its sale to IberiaBank. In other matters, it advised pharmaceutical company Huvepharma on its acquisition of AgriLabs, the largest marketing and sales distribution company in the US for food animal products. Atlanta-based Rhys Wilson and ‘his team always provide expertise, speedy delivery and creative solutions to solve problems‘. Michael Hollingsworth II and Gus Dixon in Columbia are other key M&A contacts.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Dispute resolution > Product liability, mass tort and class actions: toxic tort - defense
- Industry focus > Transport: rail and road - litigation
- Government > Government relations
- M&A/corporate and commercial > M&A: middle-market (sub-$500m)
- Industry focus > Healthcare: service providers
- Real estate > Real estate