Dennis Wicker > Nelson Mullins Riley & Scarborough LLP > Washington DC, United States > Lawyer Profile
Nelson Mullins Riley & Scarborough LLP Offices
101 CONSTITUTION AVENUE, NW
WASHINGTON DC 20001
- Go to...
Former Lieutenant Governor Dennis Wicker offers government relations experience to clients, having served in the state’s second highest government position and as a long-time member of the state’s largest legislative body.
- North Carolina Bar Association
- Former Lieutenant Governor, North Carolina (1993 – 2001)
- Board of Directors, Coca-Cola Bottling Company Consolidated
- Board of Directors, First Bank
- Lee County Education Foundation
Wake Forest University School of Law, JD (1978), University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, BA honors, Phi Beta Kappa (1974)
United States > Government > Government relations
Nelson Mullins Riley & Scarborough LLP’s public policy team is mainly housed in Washington DC, but it also has a presence at state level in Georgia, South Carolina, North Carolina and Massachusetts. Dennis Wicker and David Wilkins jointly lead the practice. Wilkins, former US ambassador to Canada who has a special focus on US-Canada relations, helped the Canadian Association of Petroleum Producers to obtain approval for the TransCanada’s KXL pipeline by the Trump administration, which was rejected under the previous administration. Robert Crowe lobbies on behalf of the government of Qatar, specifically advising on domestic trade missions, the blockade and charitable contributions in the US. Other clients include technology company Weedmaps, Korean company Hyosung and Newsmax Media.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Dispute resolution > Product liability, mass tort and class actions: toxic tort - defense
- Industry focus > Transport: rail and road - litigation
- Government > Government relations
- M&A/corporate and commercial > M&A: middle-market (sub-$500m)
- Industry focus > Healthcare: service providers
- Real estate > Real estate