Mark Phillips > Nelson Mullins Riley & Scarborough LLP > Charleston, United States > Lawyer Profile
Nelson Mullins Riley & Scarborough LLP Offices
LIBERTY CENTER, SUITE 600
151 MEETING STREET
CHARLESTON, SC 29402 - 2239
- Go to...
Mark Phillips is a trial attorney and his litigation practice focuses on product liability cases. He has tried asbestos personal injury cases to verdict in California, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Ohio, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, Washington State, and West Virginia, and has participated in asbestos personal injury trials in Alabama, Kentucky, Maryland, Minnesota, New York, North Carolina, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, and Virginia. Mr. Phillips has also tried a number of product, construction, and general liability cases in South Carolina and in other venues across the United States during more than 26 years of practice.
- Fellow, American College of Trial Lawyers (February 2009-Present)
- Advocate-level member, American Board of Trial Advocates (January 2004-Present)
- Permanent Member, Fourth Circuit Judicial Conference
- Chair, S.C. Fellows of the American College of Trial Lawyers (2015-Present)
- Immediate Past President, Charleston Chapter, American Board of Trial Advocates (2016-Present)
- Past President, South Carolina Defense Trial Attorneys’ Association
University of South Carolina School of Law, JD (1986); University of the South (Sewanee), BA (1983)
United States > Dispute resolution > Product liability, mass tort and class actions: toxic tort - defense
Led by Mark Jones and David Dukes in Columbia, the team at Nelson Mullins Riley & Scarborough LLP regularly acts for manufacturers in the pharmaceuticals and medical devices sector and specializes in asbestos exposure cases. Recent highlights include acting for Purdue Pharma in opioid litigation, and representing Honeywell in a series of lawsuits brought by plaintiffs alleging that the client’s products cause serious diseases such as mesothelioma. Other members of the practice include Michael Brown in Baltimore, Charleston-based Mark Phillips and James Irvin in Columbia.
- Product liability, mass tort and class actions: toxic tort - defense - United States > Dispute resolution
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Dispute resolution > Product liability, mass tort and class actions: toxic tort - defense
- Industry focus > Transport: rail and road - litigation
- Government > Government relations
- M&A/corporate and commercial > M&A: middle-market (sub-$500m)
- Industry focus > Healthcare: service providers
- Real estate > Real estate