Thomas Moran > Nelson Mullins Riley & Scarborough LLP > Charlotte, United States > Lawyer Profile
Nelson Mullins Riley & Scarborough LLP Offices
BANK OF AMERICA CORPORATE CENTER, 42ND FLOOR
100 NORTH TRYON STREET
CHARLOTTE, NC 28202 - 4007
- Go to...
Tom Moran serves as a member of Nelson Mullins’ Executive Committee and is managing partner in the Myrtle Beach office. He is the Firm’s healthcare team leader. His practice focuses on transactions between healthcare entities (with a concentration in tax-exempt hospitals). Most recently, Tom led a team of lawyers and other professionals in the settlement of Tuomey Hospital’s $237 million-dollar judgment with the Department of Justice as well as Tuomey’s affiliation with Palmetto Hospital.
- Serves as a member of Nelson Mullins’ Executive Committee, a governing body of seven partners who oversee Firm standing committees, strategic initiatives and Firm operations
- Currently serves on the Clemson University Board of Visitors
- Past president, South Carolina Bar’s Tax Section
- Member of several local charitable boards of directors
New York University School of Law, LLM, Taxation (1988), University of South Carolina School of Law, JD (1987), Clemson University, BA, Political Science, cum laude (1983)
United States > Industry focus > Healthcare: service providers
Southeastern firm Nelson Mullins Riley & Scarborough LLP provides advice on healthcare M&A and financing transactions, compliance, IT and antitrust , while it also represents clients in litigation, white-collar crime proceedings and governmental enforcement matters. Team lead Thomas Moran in Myrtle Beach advised Tidelands Health on its joint venture with Encompass Health for the construction and operation of a rehabilitation hospital in South Carolina. In 2018, the firm merged with Florida practice Broad & Cassel, adding a 25-lawyer healthcare team, including Fort Lauderdale-based Gabriel Imperato, who defended Am-Med Diabetic Supplies and AJT Diabetic Supplies against a False Claims Act qui tam action regarding medical supplies reimbursement.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Dispute resolution > Product liability, mass tort and class actions: toxic tort - defense
- Industry focus > Transport: rail and road - litigation
- Government > Government relations
- M&A/corporate and commercial > M&A: middle-market (sub-$500m)
- Industry focus > Healthcare: service providers
- Real estate > Real estate