Gabriel Imperato > Nelson Mullins Riley & Scarborough LLP > Charlotte, United States > Lawyer Profile
Nelson Mullins Riley & Scarborough LLP Offices
BANK OF AMERICA CORPORATE CENTER, 42ND FLOOR
100 NORTH TRYON STREET
CHARLOTTE, NC 28202 - 4007
- Go to...
Gabriel Imperato’s practice includes representing individuals and organizations accused of healthcare fraud and assisting and advising healthcare organizations on corporate governance and compliance matters. He is board certified as a specialist in Health Law by The Florida Bar. He is certified in Health Care Compliance (CHC) by the Society of Corporate Compliance and Ethics and the Health Care Compliance Association (SCCE/HCCA).
He has criminal and civil trial and appellate experience in federal and state courts and administrative forums and has personally handled leading national cases concerning criminal and civil healthcare fraud and abuse and healthcare law and policy. He has vast experience in the defense of allegations involving the False Claims Act against health care organizations.
- Board Member and Past President, Society of Corporate Compliance and Ethics and Health Care Compliance Association
- Member, Health Law and Criminal Law Sections, The Florida Bar
- Member, Antitrust Health Care and White Collar Crime Committees, and Subcommittee on Health Care Fraud, American Bar Association
- Chairperson, The Reimbursement and Payment Committee, and The Health Care Reform Task Force, American Health Lawyers Association
- Member, American Health Lawyers Association
DePaul University College of Law, JD (1977), University of Massachusetts, BA (1973)
United States > Industry focus > Healthcare: service providers
Southeastern firm Nelson Mullins Riley & Scarborough LLP provides advice on healthcare M&A and financing transactions, compliance, IT and antitrust , while it also represents clients in litigation, white-collar crime proceedings and governmental enforcement matters. Team lead Thomas Moran in Myrtle Beach advised Tidelands Health on its joint venture with Encompass Health for the construction and operation of a rehabilitation hospital in South Carolina. In 2018, the firm merged with Florida practice Broad & Cassel, adding a 25-lawyer healthcare team, including Fort Lauderdale-based Gabriel Imperato, who defended Am-Med Diabetic Supplies and AJT Diabetic Supplies against a False Claims Act qui tam action regarding medical supplies reimbursement.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Dispute resolution > Product liability, mass tort and class actions: toxic tort - defense
- Industry focus > Transport: rail and road - litigation
- Government > Government relations
- M&A/corporate and commercial > M&A: middle-market (sub-$500m)
- Industry focus > Healthcare: service providers
- Real estate > Real estate