Michael Brown > Nelson Mullins Riley & Scarborough LLP > Baltimore, United States > Lawyer Profile
Nelson Mullins Riley & Scarborough LLP Offices
100 S. CHARLES STREET
BALTIMORE, MD 21201
- Go to...
Mike Brown handles complex cases in jurisdictions around the country. He has experience in the areas of products liability defense, mass tort litigation, employment law, medical malpractice, and insurance defense, as well as commercial and real estate litigation matters.
In addition to his national clients, Mike also serves as general counsel to numerous local companies and corporations, advising on a variety of matters related to employment and business litigation, real estate issues, and concerns unique to the Baltimore-Washington region.
- American College of Trial Lawyers
- American Bar Association, Member
- Baltimore City Bar Association, Past Board Member
- Baltimore City Compensation Committee, Past Board Member
- Baltimore Medical Systems, Past Board Member
- District of Columbia Bar Association
- District of Columbia Federal Bar Association
- International Association of Defense Counsel
- Litigation Counsel of America
- Maryland Bar Association
- Maryland Defense Trial Lawyers Association
- Maryland Volunteer Lawyers Service, Board Member
- Monumental City Bar Association, Board Member
- National Bar Association
Georgetown University Law Center, JD (1989), College of the Holy Cross, BS (1986)
United States > Dispute resolution > Product liability, mass tort and class actions: toxic tort - defense
Led by Mark Jones and David Dukes in Columbia, the team at Nelson Mullins Riley & Scarborough LLP regularly acts for manufacturers in the pharmaceuticals and medical devices sector and specializes in asbestos exposure cases. Recent highlights include acting for Purdue Pharma in opioid litigation, and representing Honeywell in a series of lawsuits brought by plaintiffs alleging that the client’s products cause serious diseases such as mesothelioma. Other members of the practice include Michael Brown in Baltimore, Charleston-based Mark Phillips and James Irvin in Columbia.
- Product liability, mass tort and class actions: toxic tort - defense - United States > Dispute resolution
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Dispute resolution > Product liability, mass tort and class actions: toxic tort - defense
- Industry focus > Transport: rail and road - litigation
- Government > Government relations
- M&A/corporate and commercial > M&A: middle-market (sub-$500m)
- Industry focus > Healthcare: service providers
- Real estate > Real estate