Vladimir Maly > Morrison Foerster > London, England > Lawyer Profile
Morrison Foerster Offices
52 Lime Street
- Go to...
Please see Vladimir Maly | Morrison & Foerster (mofo.com) for further information.
Morrison Foerster focuses on cross-border derivatives, with particular strengths regarding regulatory matters, insolvency risk mitigation, and commodity transactions. The team has also seen an increase in activity advising fintech start-ups in crypto compliance and trading. In New York, co-chair David Kaufman is a key contact regarding structured transactions involving derivatives, and is also highly experienced in M&A and reorganizations. He works alongside co-chair Vladimir Maly, a specialist in cross-border equity derivatives and bespoke transactions. In Washington DC, counsel Chrys Carey is well-regarded for his work on derivatives regulatory and compliance matters, while counsel Seth Lucia covers energy regulatory and derivatives mandates.
Morrison Foerster has ‘a very strong team of product specialists focused in the corporate equity derivatives business‘, and clients note that the firm is ‘helpful in deal structuring for new product innovation‘. The derivatives group is led by Vladimir Maly, who is qualified in both New York and English law, and is a key adviser on cross-border matters. Maly, who is ‘very commercial and understands the current themes of the market well‘, and corporate finance partner Jeremy Jennings-Mares, assist numerous international banks with matters derivatives matters relating to financial regulatory reform, including MiFID 2/MiFIR and Basel III. Polly Ehrman, who is ‘really easy to work with, command sgood technical knowledge and negotiates fluidly‘, handles strategic equity-linked transactions, structured transactions relating to emerging markets and matters concerning derivatives-related regulation.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > IT and telecoms
- Risk advisory > Data protection, privacy and cybersecurity
- Finance > Debt capital markets
- Finance > Derivatives and structured products
- Risk advisory > Regulatory investigations and corporate crime (advice to corporates)
- Finance > Acquisition finance
- Finance > Bank lending: investment grade debt and syndicated loans
- Crime, fraud and licensing > Fraud: civil
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: premium
- Dispute resolution > International arbitration
- Corporate and commercial > M&A: upper mid-market and premium deals, £500m+
- Corporate and commercial > Venture capital
- Employment > Employers