Brian Bates > Morrison Foerster > London, England > Lawyer Profile
Morrison Foerster Offices
52 Lime Street
- Go to...
Please see Brian A. Bates | Morrison & Foerster (mofo.com) for further information.
Morrison Foerster has a market-leading practice for US private placements, for which practice head Scott Ashton is ‘one of the best lawyers on the street‘. Ashton acted for Eastlight Community Homes Ltd in a £120m private placement funding deal with four North American investors. He also leads the firm’s Nordic desk, which continues to generate DCM work. For example, Matthew Dunlap acted for a syndicate of 15 banks, among them BNP Paribas and Deutsche Bank, in the inaugural $2bn offering of senior notes by Lundin Energy Finance. Brian Bates, who is ‘fantastic with clients and incredibly knowledgeable‘, also plays a pivotal role in the practice and acted for Bellway Homes Ltd in a £130m USPP.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > IT and telecoms
- Risk advisory > Data protection, privacy and cybersecurity
- Finance > Debt capital markets
- Finance > Derivatives and structured products
- Risk advisory > Regulatory investigations and corporate crime (advice to corporates)
- Finance > Acquisition finance
- Finance > Bank lending: investment grade debt and syndicated loans
- Crime, fraud and licensing > Fraud: civil
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: premium
- Dispute resolution > International arbitration
- Corporate and commercial > M&A: upper mid-market and premium deals, £500m+
- Corporate and commercial > Venture capital
- Employment > Employers