Chris Kandel > Morrison Foerster > London, England > Lawyer Profile
Morrison Foerster Offices
52 Lime Street
- Go to...
Please see Chris Kandel | Morrison & Foerster (mofo.com) for further information.
Despite the recent retirement of Caroline Jury and Benoit Lavigne‘s move to King & Spalding LLP in June 2021, Morrison Foerster maintains a strong creditor-focused client base that includes credit funds and underwriting banks. The firm’s recent success in the area can largely be attributed to Chris Kandel , who since his high-profile move from Latham & Watkins in February 2019, has developed a strong London practice offering broad expertise across bank and New York-law governed high yield debt, as well as direct lending products, including unitranche facilities. Although it is sector agnostic in its financing activity, the wider firm’s tech heritage has led to engagement in the emergence of recurring revenue financing as means of funding high growth companies lacking the EBITDA to support a traditional leveraged loan. John Burge has a focus on growth company debt finance and heads up the firm’s growing recurring revenue offering.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > IT and telecoms
- Risk advisory > Data protection, privacy and cybersecurity
- Finance > Debt capital markets
- Finance > Derivatives and structured products
- Risk advisory > Regulatory investigations and corporate crime (advice to corporates)
- Finance > Acquisition finance
- Finance > Bank lending: investment grade debt and syndicated loans
- Crime, fraud and licensing > Fraud: civil
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: premium
- Dispute resolution > International arbitration
- Corporate and commercial > M&A: upper mid-market and premium deals, £500m+
- Corporate and commercial > Venture capital
- Employment > Employers