Gareth Rees > Morrison Foerster > London, England > Lawyer Profile
Morrison Foerster Offices
52 Lime Street
- Go to...
Please see Gareth Rees QC | Morrison & Foerster (mofo.com) for further information.
Morrison Foerster offers strong expertise across international financial crime and white-collar cases, advising and representing clients through high-stakes SFO and FCA investigations into bribery, corruption, and money laundering, among others. The firm is further noted for its national security and sanctions offering, advising corporate clients on regulatory and enforcement issues relating to trade sanctions, lobbying, FDI, and cyber incidents, with expertise across UK, EU, and US law. The team is led by Gareth Rees, an experienced practitioner in business crime cases and a former prosecutor, former SFO official Hayley Ichilchik, who is praised for her ‘adept handling‘ of bribery, money laundering, and international sanctions cases, and global financial crime specialist Saqib Alam, whose areas of focus include antitrust violations, bribery, and sanctions violations.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > IT and telecoms
- Risk advisory > Data protection, privacy and cybersecurity
- Finance > Debt capital markets
- Finance > Derivatives and structured products
- Risk advisory > Regulatory investigations and corporate crime (advice to corporates)
- Finance > Acquisition finance
- Finance > Bank lending: investment grade debt and syndicated loans
- Crime, fraud and licensing > Fraud: civil
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: premium
- Dispute resolution > International arbitration
- Corporate and commercial > M&A: upper mid-market and premium deals, £500m+
- Corporate and commercial > Venture capital
- Employment > Employers