Mr Omar Shah > Morgan, Lewis & Bockius UK LLP > London, England > Lawyer Profile
Morgan, Lewis & Bockius UK LLP Offices
5-10 ST PAUL'S CHURCHYARD
- Go to...
Mr Omar Shah
Antitrust and Competition
Omar Shah is a partner in Morgan Lewis’s London office who represents clients in complex global cartel and anticorruption investigations and civil proceedings for damages for breach of antitrust laws, as well in merger control procedures and on antitrust matters, particularly those involving the intersection of competition law with media/communications regulation. His practice involves representing clients before UK, EU, and other competition authorities, courts, and tribunals and in commercial and regulatory litigation proceedings, including judicial reviews.
BPP Law School, 1997, LPC. Université Libre de Bruxelles, Belgium, 1996, D.E.S., Wiener Anspach Foundation scholar. Oxford University, 1995, BA (Worcester College).
Led by London managing partner Frances Murphy (‘a valuable ally and formidable opponent‘), Morgan, Lewis & Bockius UK LLP’s City team is known for handling complex regulatory investigations; in this space, its pharmaceutical sector work is particularly prominent. Other areas of focus include enforcement matters, merger filings and state aid. The London group is part of the US-based firm’s global network, which comprises 150 lawyers split across Europe, Asia and the Americas. Omar Shah and Joanna Christoforou are also noted.
The Morgan, Lewis & Bockius UK LLP team handles a range of transactional, regulatory and competition matters in the UK and globally. Team head Timothy Corbett advises emerging biotechnology companies on capital raisings from seed investment onwards, as well as acquisitions and collaborations. Frances Murphy and Omar Shah handle competition issues such as unfair pricing. Tom Cartwright handles private equity investments in the pharma sector and consultant Paul Ranson provides a wealth of sector-specific corporate and regulatory experience.
- Life sciences and healthcare - London > Industry focus
- EU and competition - London > Corporate and commercial
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Finance > Asset based lending
- Industry focus > Emerging markets
- Finance > Securitisation
- Dispute resolution > Competition litigation
- Finance > Debt capital markets
- Corporate and commercial > Financial services: contentious
- Corporate and commercial > M&A: lower mid-market deals, £50m-£500m
- Corporate and commercial > Private equity: transactions - mid-market deals (up to £250m)
- Risk advisory > Regulatory investigations and corporate crime (advice to corporates)
- Employment > Employers
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > IT and telecoms
- Industry focus > Life sciences and healthcare
- Projects, energy and natural resources > Oil and gas
- Dispute resolution > Banking litigation: investment and retail
- Corporate and commercial > Financial services: non-contentious/regulatory
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property: trade marks, copyright and design
- Investment fund formation and management > Private funds (including infrastructure funds)
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: premium
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate tax
- Corporate and commercial > EU and competition
- Dispute resolution > International arbitration
- Employment > Immigration