Kate Habershon > Morgan, Lewis & Bockius UK LLP > London, England > Lawyer Profile
Morgan, Lewis & Bockius UK LLP Offices
5-10 ST PAUL'S CHURCHYARD
- Go to...
Kate Habershon is a partner who advises corporations and funds on corporate taxation. Her focuses include tax and structuring issues related to international tax planning, mergers and acquisitions, corporate finance, private equity, executive compensation, internal group restructurings, capital markets and banking. She also advices on stamp taxes and VAT.
Trained Freshfields; qualified 1994; partner 2007.
College of Law of England and Wales, London, 1991, LSF; University of Oxford, 1990, BA.
Morgan, Lewis & Bockius UK LLP‘s London-based group is embedded into the firm’s global tax practice, and it plays a key role in cross-border tax matters involving financial services and investment funds. Other areas of expertise include senior executive remuneration and incentives, as well as tax advisory work for corporates and investment funds. Practice head Kate Habershon has substantial experience of public and private M&A and international tax structuring. Associate Neil McKnight has a specialism in cross-border transactions in the TMT sector.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Finance > Asset based lending
- Industry focus > Emerging markets
- Finance > Securitisation
- Dispute resolution > Competition litigation
- Finance > Debt capital markets
- Corporate and commercial > Financial services: contentious
- Corporate and commercial > M&A: lower mid-market deals, £50m-£500m
- Corporate and commercial > Private equity: transactions - mid-market deals (up to £250m)
- Risk advisory > Regulatory investigations and corporate crime (advice to corporates)
- Employment > Employers
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > IT and telecoms
- Industry focus > Life sciences and healthcare
- Projects, energy and natural resources > Oil and gas
- Dispute resolution > Banking litigation: investment and retail
- Corporate and commercial > Financial services: non-contentious/regulatory
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property: trade marks, copyright and design
- Investment fund formation and management > Private funds (including infrastructure funds)
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: premium
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate tax
- Corporate and commercial > EU and competition
- Dispute resolution > International arbitration
- Employment > Immigration