Astrid Owen > McDermott Will & Emery UK LLP > London, England > Lawyer Profile
McDermott Will & Emery UK LLP Offices
- Go to...
Astrid is a partner, she advises internationally based clients and their family offices, trustees and private banks on international trust, tax and wealth transfer issues. Astrid’s practice has particular emphasis on the US, the UK, Continental Europe and the Middle East. Astrid has particular expertise in the structuring of established and start-up family owned businesses through the use of trusts, foundations, and holding companies. She works extensively with the firm’s corporate tax teams in the UK and the US to develop and implement holding structures for businesses and investments which take account of both personal and corporate tax issues affecting the client, their family and their businesses.
The American Bar Association, 1983.
London School of Economics (1978 LLB Law); Havard Law School (1982 LLM Law).
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Private client > Contentious trusts and probate
- Corporate and commercial > M&A: lower mid-market deals, £50m-£500m
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate
- Dispute resolution > Commodities disputes
- Public sector > Healthcare
- Corporate and commercial > Private equity: transactions - mid-market deals (up to £250m)
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: mid-market
- Real estate > Property finance
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate tax
- Employment > Employers