Astrid Owen > McDermott Will & Emery UK LLP > London, England > Lawyer Profile
McDermott Will & Emery UK LLP Offices
- Go to...
Astrid is a partner, she advises internationally based clients and their family offices, trustees and private banks on international trust, tax and wealth transfer issues. Astrid’s practice has particular emphasis on the US, the UK, Continental Europe and the Middle East. Astrid has particular expertise in the structuring of established and start-up family owned businesses through the use of trusts, foundations, and holding companies. She works extensively with the firm’s corporate tax teams in the UK and the US to develop and implement holding structures for businesses and investments which take account of both personal and corporate tax issues affecting the client, their family and their businesses.
The American Bar Association, 1983.
London School of Economics (1978 LLB Law); Havard Law School (1982 LLM Law).
McDermott Will & Emery UK LLP represents multibillion-dollar-net-worth families, structures and fiduciaries from around the world. The team specialises in complex cross-border matters. Its London team includes US-qualified lawyers who have expertise in US trusts, estate planning and tax. It acts for ultra-high-net-worth individuals and families, some of them in the Top 20 on the Sunday Times rich list, and some of the wealthiest people on the Forbes 100 billionaires list. Simon Goldring attracts a diverse client base of very wealthy individuals, family offices, entrepreneurs and multinational corporates both in the UK and internationally. Astrid Owen has immense cross-border expertise. Andrew Vergunst is another key figure and he continues to attract clients with significant financial interests in Africa.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Private client > Contentious trusts and probate
- Corporate and commercial > M&A: lower mid-market deals, £50m-£500m
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate
- Industry focus > Emerging markets
- Corporate and commercial > Private equity: transactions - mid-market deals (up to £250m)
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: mid-market
- Finance > High yield
- Industry focus > Life sciences and healthcare
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate tax
- Employment > Employers
- Real estate > Property finance
- Finance > Corporate restructuring & insolvency
- Dispute resolution > International arbitration
- Finance > Bank lending: investment grade debt and syndicated loans
- Crime, fraud and licensing > Gaming and betting