Ziva Robertson > McDermott Will & Emery UK LLP > London, England > Lawyer Profile
McDermott Will & Emery UK LLP Offices
- Go to...
Ziva is a partner, she specialises in dispute resolution including complex trust disputes, contested estates and commercial disputes containing fiduciary elements. Her practice involves both the conduct and the avoidance of disputes and she has extensive experience in cross-jurisdictional and international litigation. On the dispute-avoidance side, Ziva brings her wealth of experience in litigation to advise on structuring trusts and other arrangements to minimize the risk of future disputes, by ensuring that the structure will meets the beneficiaries’ evolving needs, that the choice of jurisdiction best suits the individual circumstances of the case, and that the structure includes as many litigation deterrents as possible. Ziva advises on and conducts mediation as well as other forms of alternative dispute resolution.
Visit our website for more: https://www.mwe.com/people/robertson-ziva/
Bar Admissions: The Law Society of England and Wales; Cayman Islands; British Virgin Islands.
The Society of Tax and Estate Practitioners; Association of Contentious Trust and Probate Specialists; Association Internationale des Jeunes Avocats (AIJA).
London School of Economics and Political Science, LLB, Law, 1993
Lawyer Rankings(Hall of Fame)
McDermott Will & Emery UK LLP advises on multiple aspects of private wealth disputes and dispute avoidance in the UK and offshore. It has a dedicated private client team that covers the full range of contentious issues from trusts and estates through to wills and probate. The team is a cohesive structure that comprises three units dealing with contentious trusts and estates; wealth planning and international tax. Its client base is primarily very wealthy individuals and families as well as trustees and trust companies situated around the world. The group has significant expertise in offshore trusts in particular the Cayman and British Virgin Islands through Ziva Robertson and Nicholas Holland. Lynsey McIntyre is regularly instructed in complex cross-border matters frequently advising on matters involving the Channel Islands.
- Hall of Fame - London > Private client > Contentious trusts and probate
- Leading individuals - London > Private client > Contentious trusts and probate
- Contentious trusts and probate - London > Private client
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Private client > Contentious trusts and probate
- Corporate and commercial > M&A: lower mid-market deals, £50m-£500m
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate
- Dispute resolution > Commodities disputes
- Public sector > Healthcare
- Corporate and commercial > Private equity: transactions – mid-tier – up to £250m
- Finance > Structured products and securitisation
- Projects, energy and natural resources > Oil and gas
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate tax
- Real estate > Property finance
- Human resources > Employment: employers