Tom Calnan > McDermott Will & Emery UK LLP > London, England > Lawyer Profile
McDermott Will & Emery UK LLP Offices
- Go to...
Tom is a partner, he focuses his practice on commercial real estate transactions and has a wealth of experience in the UK market including investment acquisitions and disposals, mixed-use development, hotel and leisure deals and structured real estate transactions, with a particular focus on the private equity sector. Tom also handles the real estate aspects of property finance and corporate finance transactions. He has a great deal of experience acting for Middle Eastern clients on cross-border multi-disciplinary deals involving Middle Eastern entities seeking to invest in the United Kingdom and Europe.
Visit our website for more: https://www.mwe.com/people/calnan-tom/
College of Law, Guildford, LPC, 2001
College of Law, Guildford, PgDL, 2000
University of Manchester, BA, 1999
McDermott Will & Emery UK LLP expanded its practice in April 2018 with the hiring of Laurence Rogers, Tom Calnan and Neville Wright from DLA Piper. The team acts for lenders and borrowers, particularly debt funds and overseas investors. Structured deals involving the acquisition and disposal of corporates owning real estate assets are a particular area of expertise, but the team also advises on investment and development finance, refinancing, and restructuring matters. Rogers has significant expertise in both UK and cross-border transactions.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Private client > Contentious trusts and probate
- Corporate and commercial > M&A: lower mid-market deals, £50m-£500m
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate
- Dispute resolution > Commodities disputes
- Public sector > Healthcare
- Corporate and commercial > Private equity: transactions – mid-tier – up to £250m
- Finance > Structured products and securitisation
- Projects, energy and natural resources > Oil and gas
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate tax
- Real estate > Property finance
- Human resources > Employment: employers