Hamid Yunis > McDermott Will & Emery UK LLP > London, England > Lawyer Profile
McDermott Will & Emery UK LLP Offices
- Go to...
Hamid is a managing partner for our London office and partner-in-charge of the Firm’s UK Health Care Practice. He advises clients on complex areas of transactional law (M&A, Investments, Private Equity, Major Projects and Corporate Finance) predominantly within the health industry and on infrastructure transactions. He has substantial global experience in innovative structures for complex joint ventures, public-private partnerships and funding arrangements. Hamid’s global client base includes health care providers, medical products manufacturers and organizations establishing “medical cities”, along with non-health clients where he advises on infrastructure projects and major projects. Hamid also has a particular interest in advising Sovereign Wealth Funds on their investments and other transactions.
Visit our website for more: https://www.mwe.com/people/yunis-hamid/
Law Society of England and Wales
College of Law Chester, 1986
LLB, (Hons), 1985
The healthcare and life sciences team at McDermott Will & Emery UK LLP primarily advises on joint ventures, M&A and corporate and clinical governance. Additionally, it provides niche regulatory advice in digital health and diagnostic technologies, as well as genetic testing and cancer care. Lead partner Hamid Yunis deals primarily in healthcare transactions, including PPPs and joint ventures, while Gary Howes is noted for his work in patent licensing agreements and IP and regulatory matters. Partner Sharon Lamb focuses on M&A and complex digital health and data privacy issues. Associate David Gibson is noted for his work in commercial healthcare.
‘The team is affable and approachable at all levels, and proficient in its legal advice‘, says a client of McDermott Will & Emery UK LLP, adding that ‘the commercial insight of the team coupled with its negotiation and drafting expertise makes the firm a pleasure to deal with‘. Ranajoy Basu and counsel Priya Taneja joined from Reed Smith LLP to form the firm’s India group, bringing extensive experience in high yield and other capital markets transactions. Andrew Savage‘s practice covers commercial and finance disputes and international arbitration proceedings, frequently in emerging markets. Hamid Yunis handles cross-border M&A, investment issues and private equity transactions, predominantly within the health and infrastructure sectors. Nick Azis is also a key adviser on M&A deals.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Private client > Contentious trusts and probate
- Corporate and commercial > M&A: lower mid-market deals, £50m-£500m
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate
- Industry focus > Emerging markets
- Corporate and commercial > Private equity: transactions - mid-market deals (up to £250m)
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: mid-market
- Finance > High yield
- Industry focus > Life sciences and healthcare
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate tax
- Employment > Employers
- Real estate > Property finance
- Finance > Corporate restructuring & insolvency
- Dispute resolution > International arbitration
- Crime, fraud and licensing > Gaming and betting
- Finance > Bank lending: investment grade debt and syndicated loans