Nicholas Azis > McDermott Will & Emery UK LLP > London, England > Lawyer Profile
McDermott Will & Emery UK LLP Offices
- Go to...
Nick is a partner in the corporate department, where his practice focuses on cross-border M&A, predominantly in the commodities, energy/natural resources, IPMT and general engineering sectors.
Visit our website for more: https://www.mwe.com/people/azis-nicholas/
Bristol University (1988 BA Hons First Class); College of Law (1992).
Lawyer Rankings(Leading individuals)
McDermott Will & Emery UK LLP‘s full service corporate group assists major companies from a range of industries but has a particularly strong reputation for its work in the life sciences and healthcare sectors. The team regularly handles cross-border transactions and is able to collaborate with other offices across the firm’s global network. As well as advising on high value deals for corporates, the firm also assists on large transactions for family offices, utilising lawyers from its private client, corporate and tax teams. The team, which is headed by Nicholas Azis, added Tom Whelan from Hogan Lovells International LLP, strengthening the firm’s private equity offering. Azis advises a broad range of publicly owned and privately held clients, principally in the commodities, energy, life science and manufacturing sectors. Stuart Mathews and Calum Thom are other key names to note in the team.
- Leading individuals - London > Corporate and commercial > M&A: lower mid-market deals, £50m-£500m
- M&A: lower mid-market deals, £50m-£500m - London > Corporate and commercial
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Private client > Contentious trusts and probate
- Corporate and commercial > M&A: lower mid-market deals, £50m-£500m
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate
- Dispute resolution > Commodities disputes
- Public sector > Healthcare
- Corporate and commercial > Private equity: transactions - mid-market deals (up to £250m)
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: mid-market
- Real estate > Property finance
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate tax
- Employment > Employers