David Birchall > McDermott Will & Emery UK LLP > London, England > Lawyer Profile
McDermott Will & Emery UK LLP Offices
- Go to...
Energy and infrastructure.
David is counsel, he advises clients on the full range of energy transactions in the mid- and downstream fields, including types of commodity trading matters, conventional, renewables and clean-tech projects, energy and infrastructure projects, regulation and waste, including waste-to-energy schemes. Having practised as an energy corporate, regulatory and projects lawyer since 1993, he also worked from the start of the renewables and physical commodities trading legal market, in the UK, throughout Europe, the United States and beyond.
Visit our website for more: https://www.mwe.com/people/birchall-david/
Trained at Herbert Smith; qualified 1993. Partner Denton Wilde Sapte (2000); partner McDermott Will & Emery (2010). David has published a number of energy articles over the past 15 years.
St Edwards College, Liverpool; Downing College, Cambridge (Law Degree).
Rugby league; music; trustee in the London Federation of Clubs for Young People; chair of St Matthias Boys’ Club in Hackney.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Private client > Contentious trusts and probate
- Corporate and commercial > M&A: lower mid-market deals, £50m-£500m
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate
- Dispute resolution > Commodities disputes
- Public sector > Healthcare
- Corporate and commercial > Private equity: transactions - mid-market deals (up to £250m)
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: mid-market
- Real estate > Property finance
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate tax
- Employment > Employers