Nick Azis > McDermott Will & Emery UK LLP > London, England > Lawyer Profile
McDermott Will & Emery UK LLP Offices
- Go to...
McDermott Will & Emery UK LLP handles a broad spectrum of corporate transactions, invariably of a cross-border nature. Work is driven through the London and US offices primarily, with the firm’s Italian, German and French offices also involved in cross-border mandates. The team has a notably strong reputation in the life sciences and healthcare sectors, and acts for a number of high-profile clients in these areas, as well as in the energy and consumer goods sectors. Practice head Nick Azis advises clients on public and private M&A, in addition to corporate finance and joint ventures, with a particular nod to overseas markets in Africa. One commercially significant mandate saw the firm advise Praxair on its €5bn disposal of the majority of Europe-based businesses to Taiyo Nippon Sanso; the deal was necessary from an antitrust and regulatory perspective to secure Praxair’s merger with German industrial gases company Linde.
McDermott Will & Emery UK LLP‘s PE department is lauded by clients for ‘coming up with increasingly creative solutions to problems‘. The team’s broad client base includes not only PE firms but their portfolio companies, ultra-high net worth family offices, clients acquiring businesses from PE funds and the management teams of target companies. Additional expertise in the healthcare and life sciences sector renders the group particularly well-placed to assist on deals involving the acquisition and disposal of pharmaceutical companies. Nick Azis is team head; Piero Carbone, Eleanor West and Linda Zeman are all strongly recommended.
- M&A: lower mid-market deals, £50m-£500m - London > Corporate and commercial
- Private equity: transactions – mid-tier – up to £250m - London > Corporate and commercial
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Private client > Contentious trusts and probate
- Corporate and commercial > M&A: lower mid-market deals, £50m-£500m
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate
- Dispute resolution > Commodities disputes
- Public sector > Healthcare
- Corporate and commercial > Private equity: transactions – mid-tier – up to £250m
- Finance > Structured products and securitisation
- Projects, energy and natural resources > Oil and gas
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate tax
- Real estate > Property finance
- Human resources > Employment: employers