Ms Ludmila Arruda Braga > Tauil & Chequer Advogados > São Paulo, Brazil > Lawyer Profile
Tauil & Chequer Advogados Offices
AV JUSCELINO KUBITSCHEK 1455
5TH, 6TH AND 7TH FLOORS
04543-011 SÃO PAULO, SP
- Go to...
Ms Ludmila Arruda Braga
Ludmila Braga is a partner in the Real Estate Transactions practice of Tauil & Chequer Advogados in the São Paulo Office. She has extensive professional experience in the real estate practice area advising domestic and international companies and investment funds in the implementation of real estate deals, with special focus to Asian companies. Her experience includes assistance in the set up of new manufacture plants in Brazil (real estate and licensing issues), agribusiness, purchase and sales, leasing (including Built to Suit and Sales and Leaseback agreements), real estate swaps and real estate developments.
Ludmila also advises on the legal structuring of real estate transactions, including formation of joint ventures for the development of real estate ventures, the implementation of equity/debt investment and divestment transactions in the capital and financial markets, using real estate investment funds and securitization alternatives, especially the issuance of certificates of real estate receivables.
Ludmila is the author of “Importações Paralelas e Exaustão de Direitos: uma visão crítica”(Revista Brasileira de Direito Internacional), which formed the basis of the judicial decision N. 1041/08 and N. 887/08 (562.01.2008.032979-6) granted in June 30, 2009 by Judge Leonardo de Mello Gonçalves of the 8th Vara Cível de Santos – SP, related to the parallel importation in Brazil of Pringles chips (The Procter & Gamble Company and others X First S/A).
Before joining Tauil & Chequer Advogados Ludmila was a Real Estate senior associate at KLA (2011-2015). She was also an Real Estate associate at Lacaz Martins, Halembeck, Pereira Neto, Gurevich & Schoueri (2010-2011). Ludmila has been worked as a Corporate associate in Advocacia Ferreira Neto (Paris – 2010 and São Paulo 2008-2009), and also at Assis Gonçalves & Kloss Neto Advogados Associados (Curitiba/PR, 2004-2008).
· Mandarin (basic)
· Member, Latin America Chamber of Commerce (LatamCham), Singapore
· Tsinghua University – PBCSF Financial Leaders of Tomorrow, curso de verão, 2017
· New York University – Continuing Education, Adaptive Leadership and Business Development, 2017
· Escola Politécnica – University of São Paulo – USP, MBA in Real Estate – Sectoral Economy and Market, in course
· Fundação Getúlio Vargas – FGV/SP, Extension in Corporate Law, 2010
· Fundação Getúlio Vargas – FGV/SP, Continued Education Program “Dealing with the United States: U.S Business Law in International Transactions”, 2010
· Université Paris Dauphine – Paris XVI, “Droit des Entreprises” – Droit des Entreprises (courses of Master 1 and 2), 2010
· ESA – Escola Superior de Advocacia do Paraná, Environmental Law, 2008
· Universidade Federal do Paraná – UFPR, Bachelor in Law (JD equivalent), 2006
Lawyer Rankings(Next Generation Partners)
Tauil & Chequer Advogados is a ‘firm with excellent service and great technical capacity, always seeking to solve problems and highly focused on business‘. The ‘extremely creative‘ team is praised for its ‘very rapid response times‘ and ability to leverage off ‘the resources of a global firm, promoting the collaboration of resources and ideas employed in other jurisdictions‘. Its association with Mayer Brown ensures a strong flow of work from foreign investors and developers, often through the creation of special purpose companies and joint ventures. In addition to urban retail, hotels, industrial and mixed-use developments, the team also has a strong grounding in the agribusiness and forestry sectors. ‘Exceptional‘ practice head José Paulo Marzagão has over 20 years of experience in the full range of transactional matters. Ludmila Arruda Braga is ‘extremely attentive, responsive and creative in the solutions she proposes‘.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Capital markets
- Competition and antitrust
- Corporate and M&A
- Energy and natural resources > Electricity (and renewable energy)
- Public law
- Real estate
- Tax > Tax advisory
- Banking and finance
- City focus - Brasilia > Litigation
- Projects and infrastructure
- Tax > Tax litigation
- Dispute Resolution: Arbitration
- Labour and employment
- Restructuring and insolvency
- Dispute Resolution: Litigation
- Transport: Shipping