Ms Luciana Celidonio > Tauil & Chequer Advogados in association with Mayer Brown > São Paulo, Brazil > Lawyer Profile
Tauil & Chequer Advogados in association with Mayer Brown Offices
AV JUSCELINO KUBITSCHEK 1455
5TH, 6TH AND 7TH FLOORS
04543-011 SÃO PAULO, SP
- Go to...
Ms Luciana Celidonio
Luciana Celidonio is a partner in the Litigation and Restructuring & Bankruptcy practices of Tauil & Chequer Advogados in the São Paulo office. She has more than 19 years of experience handling complex disputes (arbitration and litigation) involving banking, corporate and commercial litigation and bankruptcy-related litigation.
Luciana regularly handles matters related to debt financing and acquisition of distressed companies and assets. She has worked in relevant bankruptcy proceedings, such as the cases involving Oi Group, OAS Group, Schahin Group, Libra Group, Agrenco, Infinity, Arantes, Celpa, LBR, Seara, Heringer, UST – Usina Santa Terezinha, QGE Energy (out-of-court), Enseada (out-of-court) representing different stakeholders (creditors, investors, bond trustees and judicial administrators).
· Member of TMA Brasil – Courses and events Committee
· Member of TMA Brasil – Mediation Committee
· Fundação Getúlio Vargas (FGV/SP), Corporate Law Course, 2013
· Georgetown University Law Center, L.LM in International Business & Economic Law, 2011 (distinction and dean’s list)
· Faculdade Autônoma de Direito (FADISP), Civil Procedure Law,
· Pontifícia Universidade Católica, LLB, 2000.
Lawyer Rankings(Next Generation Partners)
The ‘committed’ team at Tauil & Chequer Advogados in association with Mayer Brown ‘goes the extra mile’. Many of its lawyers have litigation backgrounds, and the team also benefits from the firm’s international office network. Of particular note is its work for trustees in restructuring and bankruptcy procedures. Recommended partner Leonardo Morato has been representing Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Consultores as the bankruptcy trustee in the judicial reorganisation of Alumini Engenharia. Luciana Celidonio draws on over 18 years of experience in corporate, commercial and bankruptcy-related litigation.
Mayer Brown has litigators based in Rio de Janeiro, São Paulo and Brasília, while its international network is a major benefit in cross-border disputes. The firm is particularly strong in the oil-and-gas sector, and its clients also include Brazilian and multinational companies in the financial services and TMT sectors. Gustavo Fernandes de Andrade and a team acted for Sinopec in a lawsuit concerning an EPC contract. Arbitration also features in the team’s caseload. Luciana Celidonio, Luis Inácio Lucena Adams and Leonardo Morato are key figures in the department which, moreover, was further strengthened with the arrival of ‘experienced litigator‘ Mauro Pedroso Gonçalves from Trench Rossi Watanabe in April 2019.
- Next Generation Partners - Brazil > Bankruptcy and restructuring
- Bankruptcy and restructuring - Brazil
- Dispute resolution (including White-collar crime) - Brazil
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Projects and infrastructure
- Real estate
- Bankruptcy and restructuring
- Capital markets
- Corporate and M&A
- Energy and natural resources > Electricity
- Labour and employment
- Public law
- Banking and finance
- Competition and antitrust
- International trade and customs
- Dispute resolution (including White-collar crime)