Ms Ludmila Arruda Braga > Tauil & Chequer Advogados in association with Mayer Brown > São Paulo, Brazil > Lawyer Profile
Tauil & Chequer Advogados in association with Mayer Brown Offices
AV JUSCELINO KUBITSCHEK 1455
5TH, 6TH AND 7TH FLOORS
04543-011 SÃO PAULO, SP
- Go to...
Ms Ludmila Arruda Braga
Ludmila Braga is a partner in the Real Estate Transactions practice of Tauil & Chequer Advogados in the São Paulo Office. She has extensive professional experience in the real estate practice area advising domestic and international companies and investment funds in the implementation of real estate deals, with special focus to Asian companies. Her experience includes assistance in the set up of new manufacture plants in Brazil (real estate and licensing issues), agribusiness, purchase and sales, leasing (including Built to Suit and Sales and Leaseback agreements), real estate swaps and real estate developments.
Ludmila also advises on the legal structuring of real estate transactions, including formation of joint ventures for the development of real estate ventures, the implementation of equity/debt investment and divestment transactions in the capital and financial markets, using real estate investment funds and securitization alternatives, especially the issuance of certificates of real estate receivables.
Ludmila is the author of “Importações Paralelas e Exaustão de Direitos: uma visão crítica”(Revista Brasileira de Direito Internacional), which formed the basis of the judicial decision N. 1041/08 and N. 887/08 (562.01.2008.032979-6) granted in June 30, 2009 by Judge Leonardo de Mello Gonçalves of the 8th Vara Cível de Santos – SP, related to the parallel importation in Brazil of Pringles chips (The Procter & Gamble Company and others X First S/A).
Before joining Tauil & Chequer Advogados Ludmila was a Real Estate senior associate at KLA (2011-2015). She was also an Real Estate associate at Lacaz Martins, Halembeck, Pereira Neto, Gurevich & Schoueri (2010-2011). Ludmila has been worked as a Corporate associate in Advocacia Ferreira Neto (Paris – 2010 and São Paulo 2008-2009), and also at Assis Gonçalves & Kloss Neto Advogados Associados (Curitiba/PR, 2004-2008).
· Mandarin (basic)
· Member, Latin America Chamber of Commerce (LatamCham), Singapore
· Tsinghua University – PBCSF Financial Leaders of Tomorrow, curso de verão, 2017
· New York University – Continuing Education, Adaptive Leadership and Business Development, 2017
· Escola Politécnica – University of São Paulo – USP, MBA in Real Estate – Sectoral Economy and Market, in course
· Fundação Getúlio Vargas – FGV/SP, Extension in Corporate Law, 2010
· Fundação Getúlio Vargas – FGV/SP, Continued Education Program “Dealing with the United States: U.S Business Law in International Transactions”, 2010
· Université Paris Dauphine – Paris XVI, “Droit des Entreprises” – Droit des Entreprises (courses of Master 1 and 2), 2010
· ESA – Escola Superior de Advocacia do Paraná, Environmental Law, 2008
· Universidade Federal do Paraná – UFPR, Bachelor in Law (JD equivalent), 2006
Tauil & Chequer Advogados in association with Mayer Brown is well versed in high-value and complex real estate transactions. Recently, this included advising subsidiaries of GTIS Partners on the R$350m acquisition of properties in São Paulo, and advising GIC on the purchase of commercial suites in Rio de Janeiro. Other strengths include built-to-suit agreements, real estate developments and property regularisation. José Paulo Marzagão draws on nearly 20 years of experience. He heads the department, which includes experienced partner Ludmila Arruda Braga and senior associate Maria Carolina Gelmetti Gimenez.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Projects and infrastructure
- Real estate
- Bankruptcy and restructuring
- Capital markets
- Corporate and M&A
- Energy and natural resources > Electricity
- Labour and employment
- Public law
- Banking and finance
- Competition and antitrust
- International trade and customs
- Dispute resolution (including White-collar crime)