Mr Brian Heidelberger > Loeb & Loeb LLP > Chicago, United States > Lawyer Profile
Loeb & Loeb LLP Offices
321 NORTH CLARK STREET
CHICAGO, IL 60654
- Go to...
Mr Brian Heidelberger
Advanced Media and Technology
Partner and Chair, Advertising, Marketing & Promotions
Over the past 25 years, Brian Heidelberger has represented a multitude of the nation’s most revered brands and agencies in the marketing of their products and services. Recognized as Chicago “Lawyer of the Year” in Advertising Law by Best Lawyers and cited by Chambers USA as a “practical solutions-oriented lawyer” and an “expert in the field of advertising,” Brian is sought after by clients for his cutting-edge legal and industry knowledge, responsiveness and creativity.
His diverse skill set includes providing advice and guidance in the following areas.
- Advertising: Clearance, claim substantiation, music/talent/sponsorship licensing, branded entertainment, agency/client agreements, children’s advertising, regulated industries, and Screen Actors Guild matters
- Promotions: Sweepstakes, contests, coupons, rebates, gift cards, loyalty programs, event/cause/entertainment marketing, and related transactions
- Privacy: All consumer privacy law issues, such as e-mail marketing, text messaging, behavioral advertising, and marketing to children
- New/Social Media: Social media, native advertising, user-generated content, mobile marketing, e-commerce, and domain names
- Media/Digital Marketing: Media agency and technology agreements, including media buying, planning, placement, SaaS and PaaS, programmatic advertising services, targeted advertising, cloud-based platforms and tools, data-driven marketing agreements, and e-commerce
- Litigation and Dispute Resolution: False and misleading advertising, copyright and trademark infringement, right of publicity and cybersquatting, including FTC, AG, NAD, SAG, and UDRP actions
- Trademark, Copyright, and Right of Publicity: Clearance, protection, licensing and maintenance of trademarks, copyrights, domain names, and other intellectual property
- Entertainment, Sports and Gaming: Assistance to brands, media and producers in the areas of motion pictures, television, podcasts, games and events
- Athletes and Agents: Assistance to athletes and entertainers in the areas of trusts and estates, corporate matters, nonprofit foundations, intellectual property, domain names, and sponsorship
Brian is a frequent speaker, writer and creator of the popular Mini Law Lessons video series addressing topics related to brand marketing, promotions and intellectual property.
Chicago-Kent College of Law, J.D.
Indiana University at Bloomington, B.A.
Lawyer Rankings(Hall of Fame)
Loeb & Loeb LLP represents a number of market-leading corporates in advertising disputes, and is especially active in defending companies before the NAD and the NARB. Practice co-chair David Mallen is uniquely experienced in this area, having previously served as a former deputy director of the NAD. Joint practice head Thomas Jirgal is recommended for matters in the TMT sector, and particularly in cases requiring an in depth knowledge of telecoms. Another contact in this space is Jason Stiehl, who has experience in consumer fraud cases involving the TCPA and the Electronic Funds Transfer Act. Brian Heidelberger oversees the advertising, marketing and promotions group and is an expert in false and misleading advertising claims. Also recommended is James Taylor, a contact for ad-tech and data privacy matters.
United States > Media, technology and telecoms > Advertising and marketing: transactional and regulatory(Leading lawyers)
Loeb & Loeb LLP is a leading firm for new media and interactive technology such as e-sports and VR, a reputation that is reflected in its work for tech giants, including Google, Amazon and Facebook. In this regard, the team advises some of the world’s best-known tech and media companies on the advertising and IP aspects of their most significant joint ventures and commercial collaborations. New York-based James Taylor chairs the advanced media and technology group and has been very active in advising on mobile marketing initiatives as well as on the placement of products in video games. Also recommended in New York is firm chairman Kenneth Florin, a very well-respected name in the market. Contacts in the Chicago office include Nathan Hole, who is highly experienced in advertising promotions through social media platforms; and Brian Heidelberger, who heads up the advertising, marketing and promotions group and recently led work for Ticketmaster on its response to concert cancelations as a result of Covid-19.
- Advertising and marketing: transactional and regulatory - United States > Media, technology and telecoms
- Hall of Fame - United States > Media, technology and telecoms > Advertising and marketing: litigation
- Leading lawyers - United States > Media, technology and telecoms > Advertising and marketing: litigation
- Leading lawyers - United States > Media, technology and telecoms > Advertising and marketing: transactional and regulatory
- Advertising and marketing: litigation - United States > Media, technology and telecoms
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Media, technology and telecoms > Advertising and marketing: transactional and regulatory
- Intellectual property > Copyright
- M&A/corporate and commercial > M&A: middle-market (sub-$500m)
- Tax > Not-for-profit (nonprofit and tax exempt organizations)
- Media, technology and telecoms > Advertising and marketing: litigation
- Media, technology and telecoms > Outsourcing
- Intellectual property > Trademarks: non-contentious (including prosecution, portfolio management and licensing)
- Media, technology and telecoms > Cyber law (including data privacy and data protection)
- Industry focus > Sport
- Media, technology and telecoms > Telecoms and broadcast: transactions
- Media, technology and telecoms > Media and entertainment: litigation
- Media, technology and telecoms > Media and entertainment: transactional
- Real estate > Real estate
- Tax > US taxes: non-contentious
- Dispute resolution > Corporate investigations and white-collar criminal defense