Mr John Frankenheimer > Loeb & Loeb LLP > Los Angeles, United States > Lawyer Profile
Loeb & Loeb LLP Offices
10100 SANTA MONICA BOULEVARD
LOS ANGELES, CA 90067
- Go to...
Mr John Frankenheimer
Chairman Emeritus, Loeb & Loeb LLP; Chair, Music Industry
John T. Frankenheimer’s practice is centered in the entertainment and media industries, with emphasis on both institutional and talent clients. This includes advising on the acquisition, sale and restructuring of companies, including financing, valuation, securitization and due diligence issues, as well as representing companies, artists and executives in all aspects of the music industry, including all forms of talent contracts, distribution, licensing, technology-related issues, publishing, sub-publishing, touring and live events and production activities. He also represents writers, producers and directors in both film and television, as well as various technology and media companies.
John’s principal clients include record companies and distributors; multinational and independent music publishers; internationally recognized recording and touring artists; new media and technology companies; financial institutions and investors; television writers, producers and directors; and motion picture writers and producers. He also represents both major and emerging companies in structuring, financing, licensing and M&A activities with regard to Internet, wireless and new media projects.
John speaks frequently on entertainment law–related topics and has given presentations at the University of California, Los Angeles School of Law; the University of Southern California School of Law; the University of Miami School of Law; Tulane University School of Law; the California Copyright Society; and the New York State C.P.A./Entertainment Forum as well as numerous industry-sponsored events and seminars.
University of California at Los Angeles School of Law, J.D.
Claremont McKenna College, B.S., With Honors
Scott Edel in Los Angeles heads the bi-coastal entertainment practice at Loeb & Loeb LLP, which advises on all sides of production, financing, and distribution deals in the film, television, and digital content sectors. The firm also has significant experience in the music industry; LA-based John Frankenheimer leads a team with established expertise acting for labels, talent, and in the live music and events space. On the east coast, key names include television practice chair Marc Chamlin, whose client list includes high-profile networks, talent, and production companies. Stefan Schick and Carol Kaplan, both of whom operate from the New York office, have notable expertise in the live theatre area, advising on licensing adaptations for the stage, financing, and related IP issues. In 2019 Andrew Kramer and entertainment finance specialist Paul Swanson joined the LA office from Global Entertainment Strategies and Irell & Manella LLP respectively, while music specialist Derek Crownover joined the firm’s Nashville office from Dickinson Wright PLLC.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Media, technology and telecoms > Advertising and marketing: transactional and regulatory
- Intellectual property > Copyright
- M&A/corporate and commercial > M&A: middle-market (sub-$500m)
- Tax > Not-for-profit (nonprofit and tax exempt organizations)
- Media, technology and telecoms > Advertising and marketing: litigation
- Media, technology and telecoms > Outsourcing
- Media, technology and telecoms > Telecoms and broadcast: transactional
- Media, technology and telecoms > Cyber law (including data privacy and data protection)
- Industry focus > Sport
- Intellectual property > Trademarks: non-contentious (including prosecution, portfolio management and licensing)
- Media, technology and telecoms > Media and entertainment: litigation
- Real estate > Real estate
- Tax > US taxes: non-contentious
- Dispute resolution > Corporate investigations and white-collar criminal defense