Mr John Frankenheimer > Loeb & Loeb LLP > Los Angeles, United States > Lawyer Profile
Loeb & Loeb LLP Offices
10100 SANTA MONICA BOULEVARD
LOS ANGELES, CA 90067
- Go to...
Mr John Frankenheimer
Partner and Chair, Music Industry; Chairman Emeritus
John T. Frankenheimer’s practice is centered in the entertainment and media industries, with emphasis on both institutional and talent clients. This includes advising on the acquisition, sale and restructuring of companies, including financing, valuation, securitization and due diligence issues, as well as representing companies, artists and executives in all aspects of the music industry, including all forms of talent contracts, distribution, licensing, technology-related issues, publishing, sub-publishing, touring and live events and production activities. He also represents writers, producers and directors in both film and television, as well as various technology and media companies.
John’s principal clients include record companies and distributors; multinational and independent music publishers; internationally recognized recording and touring artists; new media and technology companies; financial institutions and investors; television writers, producers and directors; and motion picture writers and producers. He also represents both major and emerging companies in structuring, financing, licensing and M&A activities with regard to Internet, wireless and new media projects.
John speaks frequently on entertainment law–related topics and has given presentations at the University of California, Los Angeles School of Law; the University of Southern California School of Law; the University of Miami School of Law; Tulane University School of Law; the California Copyright Society; and the New York State C.P.A./Entertainment Forum as well as numerous industry-sponsored events and seminars.
University of California at Los Angeles School of Law, J.D.
Claremont McKenna College, B.S., With Honors
With a practice divided between Los Angeles and New York, Loeb & Loeb LLP covers TV production, the music industry, Broadway plays, and has particular expertise in the branding side of talent management. Scott Edel co-heads the team from Los Angeles, a specialist in advising Hollywood production companies such as Showtime and Black Label Media as well as digital platforms. His fellow co-head Roger Arar is based in New York, focusing on film and TV development, finance, production, distribution, and talent. John Frankenheimer from Los Angeles chairs the firm’s music industry practice and represents both organizations as well as talent clients. Vice chair of the music industry practice Debbie White is based in New York and focuses her practice on representing music industry players as well as digital media and tech companies.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Media, technology and telecoms > Advertising and marketing: transactional and regulatory
- Intellectual property > Copyright
- Industry focus > Healthcare: life sciences
- Media, technology and telecoms > Telecoms and broadcast: transactions
- M&A/corporate and commercial > M&A: middle-market (sub-$500m)
- Tax > Not-for-profit (nonprofit and tax exempt organizations)
- Media, technology and telecoms > Advertising and marketing: litigation
- Media, technology and telecoms > Outsourcing
- Intellectual property > Trademarks: non-contentious (including prosecution, portfolio management and licensing)
- Media, technology and telecoms > Media and entertainment: transactional
- Industry focus > Sport
- Media, technology and telecoms > Cyber law (including data privacy and data protection)
- Media, technology and telecoms > Media and entertainment: litigation
- Real estate > Real estate
- Tax > US taxes: non-contentious
- Dispute resolution > Corporate investigations and white-collar criminal defense