Mr Scott Edel > Loeb & Loeb LLP > Los Angeles, United States > Lawyer Profile
Loeb & Loeb LLP Offices
10100 SANTA MONICA BOULEVARD
LOS ANGELES, CA 90067
- Go to...
Mr Scott Edel
Scott Edel understands the complexities of today’s evolving media and entertainment landscape, serving as a trusted business advisor and legal strategist to traditional Hollywood players and major digital platforms. A dealmaker, a problem solver and a quarterback for Loeb’s elite team of entertainment attorneys, Scott brings decades of industry experience and relationships to help clients create and exploit motion picture, television, digital and interactive entertainment content.
Scott represents film and television production companies, investors and financiers in complex development, production, distribution and financing transactions. His clients include some of the world’s leading digital platforms and web content producers, multichannel networks and streaming services. In addition, he counsels domestic and international television companies, executive producers and rights holders in non-scripted/reality and scripted programming deals. With a background in the music business, including as former managing director of a music management firm, Scott has a diverse practice that also addresses issues at the intersection of music and audiovisual content.
University of Southern California, Gould School of Law, J.D.
Bucknell University, B.A.
Institute of European Studies, Paris, France
Lawyer Rankings(Leading lawyers)
Scott Edel in Los Angeles heads the bi-coastal entertainment practice at Loeb & Loeb LLP, which advises on all sides of production, financing, and distribution deals in the film, television, and digital content sectors. The firm also has significant experience in the music industry; LA-based John Frankenheimer leads a team with established expertise acting for labels, talent, and in the live music and events space. On the east coast, key names include television practice chair Marc Chamlin, whose client list includes high-profile networks, talent, and production companies. Stefan Schick and Carol Kaplan, both of whom operate from the New York office, have notable expertise in the live theatre area, advising on licensing adaptations for the stage, financing, and related IP issues. In 2019 Andrew Kramer and entertainment finance specialist Paul Swanson joined the LA office from Global Entertainment Strategies and Irell & Manella LLP respectively, while music specialist Derek Crownover joined the firm’s Nashville office from Dickinson Wright PLLC.
- Leading lawyers - United States > Media, technology and telecoms > Telecoms and broadcast: transactional
- Telecoms and broadcast: transactional - United States > Media, technology and telecoms
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Media, technology and telecoms > Advertising and marketing: transactional and regulatory
- Intellectual property > Copyright
- M&A/corporate and commercial > M&A: middle-market (sub-$500m)
- Tax > Not-for-profit (nonprofit and tax exempt organizations)
- Media, technology and telecoms > Advertising and marketing: litigation
- Media, technology and telecoms > Outsourcing
- Media, technology and telecoms > Telecoms and broadcast: transactional
- Media, technology and telecoms > Cyber law (including data privacy and data protection)
- Industry focus > Sport
- Intellectual property > Trademarks: non-contentious (including prosecution, portfolio management and licensing)
- Media, technology and telecoms > Media and entertainment: litigation
- Real estate > Real estate
- Tax > US taxes: non-contentious
- Dispute resolution > Corporate investigations and white-collar criminal defense