Mr Scott Edel > Loeb & Loeb LLP > Los Angeles, United States > Lawyer Profile
Loeb & Loeb LLP Offices
10100 SANTA MONICA BOULEVARD
LOS ANGELES, CA 90067
- Go to...
Mr Scott Edel
Partner and Chair, Entertainment
Scott Edel understands the complexities of today’s evolving media and entertainment landscape, serving as a trusted business advisor and legal strategist to traditional Hollywood players and major digital platforms. A dealmaker, a problem solver and a quarterback for Loeb’s elite team of entertainment attorneys, Scott brings decades of industry experience and relationships to help clients create and exploit motion picture, television, digital and interactive entertainment content.
Scott represents film and television production companies, investors and financiers in complex development, production, distribution and financing transactions. His clients include some of the world’s leading digital platforms and web content producers, multichannel networks and streaming services. In addition, he counsels domestic and international television companies, executive producers and rights holders in non-scripted/reality and scripted programming deals. With a background in the music business, including as former managing director of a music management firm, Scott has a diverse practice that also addresses issues at the intersection of music and audiovisual content.
University of Southern California, Gould School of Law, J.D.
Bucknell University, B.A.
Institute of European Studies, Paris, France
Lawyer Rankings(Leading lawyers)
With a practice divided between Los Angeles and New York, Loeb & Loeb LLP covers TV production, the music industry, Broadway plays, and has particular expertise in the branding side of talent management. Scott Edel co-heads the team from Los Angeles, a specialist in advising Hollywood production companies such as Showtime and Black Label Media as well as digital platforms. His fellow co-head Roger Arar is based in New York, focusing on film and TV development, finance, production, distribution, and talent. John Frankenheimer from Los Angeles chairs the firm’s music industry practice and represents both organizations as well as talent clients. Vice chair of the music industry practice Debbie White is based in New York and focuses her practice on representing music industry players as well as digital media and tech companies.
- Leading lawyers - United States > Media, technology and telecoms > Telecoms and broadcast: transactions
- Media and entertainment: transactional - United States > Media, technology and telecoms
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Media, technology and telecoms > Advertising and marketing: transactional and regulatory
- Intellectual property > Copyright
- Industry focus > Healthcare: life sciences
- Media, technology and telecoms > Telecoms and broadcast: transactions
- M&A/corporate and commercial > M&A: middle-market (sub-$500m)
- Tax > Not-for-profit (nonprofit and tax exempt organizations)
- Media, technology and telecoms > Advertising and marketing: litigation
- Media, technology and telecoms > Outsourcing
- Intellectual property > Trademarks: non-contentious (including prosecution, portfolio management and licensing)
- Media, technology and telecoms > Media and entertainment: transactional
- Industry focus > Sport
- Media, technology and telecoms > Cyber law (including data privacy and data protection)
- Media, technology and telecoms > Media and entertainment: litigation
- Real estate > Real estate
- Tax > US taxes: non-contentious
- Dispute resolution > Corporate investigations and white-collar criminal defense