Ms Leah Bishop > Loeb & Loeb LLP > Los Angeles, United States > Lawyer Profile
Loeb & Loeb LLP Offices
10100 SANTA MONICA BOULEVARD
LOS ANGELES, CA 90067
- Go to...
Ms Leah Bishop
Trusts & Estates
Co-Chair, Trusts & Estates; Co-Chair, Nonprofits & Tax-Exempt Organizations
Leah Bishop focuses her practice on tax planning for high net worth individuals and closely held businesses and in the administration of estates and trusts. Her areas of focus cover a wide range of industries, including ishop focuses her practice on tax planning for high net worth individuals and closely held businesses and in the administration of estates and trusts. Her areas of focus cover a wide range of industries, including
Leah’s estate planning experience includes all matters pertaining to high net worth individuals, including probate court procedures, revocable and irrevocable trusts, and sophisticated transfer tax techniques. She also represents many leading private foundations and public charities. Her work on behalf of these organizations involves all aspects of tax and corporate nonprofit law. She also represents donors in complex charitable gift agreements. Clients appreciate her practical and hands-on approach to matters.
Columbia University School of Law, J.D.
Brandeis University, B.A., summa cum laude
Loeb & Loeb LLP’s ‘exceptional‘ nonprofits team assists its impressive client roster with a full range of issues, leveraging the firm’s litigation, real estate, corporate, and top-ranked advertising and marketing practices to provide comprehensive legal support to a variety of tax-exempt organizations. The group benefits from the experience of former regulators Jason Lilien in New York and Marcus Owens in Washington DC, both of whom have broad experience advising on governance matters, internal investigations and regulatory enforcement. Jointly leading the team alongside Lilien is Los Angeles-based tax planning specialist Leah Bishop and Diara Holmes in Washington DC, who acts both for nonprofit organizations in tax compliance and governance issues, and also for celebrities, high-net-worth individuals and families in establishing family foundations and donor-advised funds.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Media, technology and telecoms > Advertising and marketing: transactional and regulatory
- Intellectual property > Copyright
- M&A/corporate and commercial > M&A: middle-market (sub-$500m)
- Tax > Not-for-profit (nonprofit and tax exempt organizations)
- Media, technology and telecoms > Advertising and marketing: litigation
- Media, technology and telecoms > Outsourcing
- Media, technology and telecoms > Telecoms and broadcast: transactional
- Media, technology and telecoms > Cyber law (including data privacy and data protection)
- Industry focus > Sport
- Intellectual property > Trademarks: non-contentious (including prosecution, portfolio management and licensing)
- Media, technology and telecoms > Media and entertainment: litigation
- Real estate > Real estate
- Tax > US taxes: non-contentious
- Dispute resolution > Corporate investigations and white-collar criminal defense