Ms Leah Bishop > Loeb & Loeb LLP > Los Angeles, United States > Lawyer Profile
Loeb & Loeb LLP Offices
10100 SANTA MONICA BOULEVARD
LOS ANGELES, CA 90067
- Go to...
Ms Leah Bishop
Trusts & Estates
Partner and Co-Chair, Nonprofits & Tax-Exempt Organizations
Leah Bishop focuses her practice on tax planning for high net worth individuals and closely held businesses and in the administration of estates and trusts. Her areas of focus cover a wide range of industries, including ishop focuses her practice on tax planning for high net worth individuals and closely held businesses and in the administration of estates and trusts. Her areas of focus cover a wide range of industries, including
Leah’s estate planning experience includes all matters pertaining to high net worth individuals, including probate court procedures, revocable and irrevocable trusts, and sophisticated transfer tax techniques. She also represents many leading private foundations and public charities. Her work on behalf of these organizations involves all aspects of tax and corporate nonprofit law. She also represents donors in complex charitable gift agreements. Clients appreciate her practical and hands-on approach to matters.
Columbia University School of Law, J.D.
Brandeis University, B.A., summa cum laude
The tax-exempt practice at Loeb & Loeb LLP remains the market leader for non-profit work and provides a full-service offering across litigation, trusts and estates and corporate law. Led primarily out of New York, the team has demonstrable strength in federal audits, including the IRS and internal investigations, complex regulatory matters and compliance. On the West Coast, Los Angeles-based practice head Leah Bishop focuses on tax planning and complex charitable gift agreements for donors. She holds several key clients in the real estate and entertainment industry and is supported by Stuart Tobisman who handles estate planning. The team also excels in transactional work and handles corporate restructurings and partnership matters. In New York, co-chair Jason Lilien advises clients on corporate governance and regulatory enforcement actions whilst Diara Holmes in Washington DC has deep expertise advising large public charities and private foundations. Also in DC, Marcus Owens remains a preeminent practitioner in the group.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Media, technology and telecoms > Advertising and marketing: transactional and regulatory
- Intellectual property > Copyright
- Industry focus > Healthcare: life sciences
- Media, technology and telecoms > Telecoms and broadcast: transactions
- M&A/corporate and commercial > M&A: middle-market (sub-$500m)
- Tax > Not-for-profit (nonprofit and tax exempt organizations)
- Media, technology and telecoms > Advertising and marketing: litigation
- Media, technology and telecoms > Outsourcing
- Intellectual property > Trademarks: non-contentious (including prosecution, portfolio management and licensing)
- Media, technology and telecoms > Media and entertainment: transactional
- Industry focus > Sport
- Media, technology and telecoms > Cyber law (including data privacy and data protection)
- Media, technology and telecoms > Media and entertainment: litigation
- Real estate > Real estate
- Tax > US taxes: non-contentious
- Dispute resolution > Corporate investigations and white-collar criminal defense