Mr Daniel Murphy > Loeb & Loeb LLP > Los Angeles, United States > Lawyer Profile
Loeb & Loeb LLP Offices
10100 SANTA MONICA BOULEVARD
LOS ANGELES, CA 90067
- Go to...
Mr Daniel Murphy
Partner and Co-Chair, Litigation
Daniel Murphy is co-chair of the firm’s 110 lawyer litigation department and is a trial lawyer with more than 40 years of experience solving problems for clients both in and outside court. He has handled numerous trials and arbitrations arising out of a wide variety of factual and legal settings, with particular emphasis on real estate disputes.
He was victorious in one of the last jury trials to be held in the Los Angeles County Superior Court at the onset of the pandemic and was also victorious in one of the first solely remote bench trials held in that court (which he has described in a new ABTL article). In 2018, he obtained complete victory in a jury trial in a mortgage fraud case in San Bernardino County Superior Court. He obtained a verdict of no liability in defense of a $100 million title insurance bad-faith claim after a seven-week jury trial in Orange County Superior Court. He is also successful in arbitrations, having obtained an arbitration award in favor of the plaintiff in a case involving a contract to distribute aviation parts in Europe and obtaining a defense judgement earlier this year in a fully remote securities arbitration.
Daniel has a wealth of experience in real estate litigation of all sorts, including mortgage priority issues, landlord/tenant disputes, easement disputes, and title insurance defense and coverage. His clients include lenders, investors, owners, developers, title companies and others in the real estate industry.
He also has experience in virtually all aspects of securities litigation, arbitration and government enforcement. This includes representing broker-dealers and individual brokers in customer disputes and government investigations, and defending clients in shareholder derivative litigations and shareholder class actions. He has also represented accounting and auditing firms in securities-related accounting malpractice actions.
Vermont Law School, J.D.
Western Washington University, M.A.
Shimer College, B.A.
With a strong focus on content litigation, the team at Loeb & Loeb LLP are specialists in cases of profit participation and alleged copyright infringement. Based in New York, practice co-head Barry Slotnick represents both record companies and creators in these matters. In Los Angeles, co-head David Grossman focuses his expertise on advocating for investors, insurers, and financial institutions in media and entertainment matters. With his extensive experience in commercial litigation, particularly advertising and marketing, co-head Christian Carbone , based in New York, further expands the firm’s scope. Additionally in Los Angeles, co-head Daniel Murphy is an expert on issues arising in real estate.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Media, technology and telecoms > Advertising and marketing: transactional and regulatory
- Intellectual property > Copyright
- Industry focus > Healthcare: life sciences
- Media, technology and telecoms > Telecoms and broadcast: transactions
- M&A/corporate and commercial > M&A: middle-market (sub-$500m)
- Tax > Not-for-profit (nonprofit and tax exempt organizations)
- Media, technology and telecoms > Advertising and marketing: litigation
- Media, technology and telecoms > Outsourcing
- Intellectual property > Trademarks: non-contentious (including prosecution, portfolio management and licensing)
- Media, technology and telecoms > Media and entertainment: transactional
- Industry focus > Sport
- Media, technology and telecoms > Cyber law (including data privacy and data protection)
- Media, technology and telecoms > Media and entertainment: litigation
- Real estate > Real estate
- Tax > US taxes: non-contentious
- Dispute resolution > Corporate investigations and white-collar criminal defense