Mr Stuart Tobisman > Loeb & Loeb LLP > Los Angeles, United States > Lawyer Profile
Loeb & Loeb LLP Offices
10100 SANTA MONICA BOULEVARD
LOS ANGELES, CA 90067
- Go to...
Mr Stuart Tobisman
Trusts & Estates
Stu Tobisman focuses his practice on estate and tax planning for individual clients and on the administration of estates and trusts. His clients include prominent individuals in industry, commerce and entertainment, as well as individuals, banks, and trust companies acting in fiduciary capacities. He also advises owners of closely held businesses in connection with estate and tax-planning matters.
Known for his technical abilities and personable approach, Stu enjoys helping his clients identify opportunities and implement strategies to provide financial security for their families and accomplish their philanthropic goals.
University of California at Berkeley, Boalt Hall School of Law, J.D.
University of California at Los Angeles, A.B., Phi Betta Kappa
The tax-exempt practice at Loeb & Loeb LLP remains the market leader for non-profit work and provides a full-service offering across litigation, trusts and estates and corporate law. Led primarily out of New York, the team has demonstrable strength in federal audits, including the IRS and internal investigations, complex regulatory matters and compliance. On the West Coast, Los Angeles-based practice head Leah Bishop focuses on tax planning and complex charitable gift agreements for donors. She holds several key clients in the real estate and entertainment industry and is supported by Stuart Tobisman who handles estate planning. The team also excels in transactional work and handles corporate restructurings and partnership matters. In New York, co-chair Jason Lilien advises clients on corporate governance and regulatory enforcement actions whilst Diara Holmes in Washington DC has deep expertise advising large public charities and private foundations. Also in DC, Marcus Owens remains a preeminent practitioner in the group.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Media, technology and telecoms > Advertising and marketing: transactional and regulatory
- Intellectual property > Copyright
- Industry focus > Healthcare: life sciences
- Media, technology and telecoms > Telecoms and broadcast: transactions
- M&A/corporate and commercial > M&A: middle-market (sub-$500m)
- Tax > Not-for-profit (nonprofit and tax exempt organizations)
- Media, technology and telecoms > Advertising and marketing: litigation
- Media, technology and telecoms > Outsourcing
- Intellectual property > Trademarks: non-contentious (including prosecution, portfolio management and licensing)
- Media, technology and telecoms > Media and entertainment: transactional
- Industry focus > Sport
- Media, technology and telecoms > Cyber law (including data privacy and data protection)
- Media, technology and telecoms > Media and entertainment: litigation
- Real estate > Real estate
- Tax > US taxes: non-contentious
- Dispute resolution > Corporate investigations and white-collar criminal defense