Ms Debra White > Loeb & Loeb LLP > New York, United States > Lawyer Profile
Loeb & Loeb LLP Offices
345 PARK AVENUE
NEW YORK, NY 10154
- Go to...
Ms Debra White
Deputy Chair, Music Industry
Debbie White focuses her practice in the music, motion picture and entertainment industries, with particular emphasis on representing recording artists, songwriters, producers, managers, record companies, publishing companies, and digital media and technology companies in their ongoing business affairs.
Recognized as a top entertainment lawyer by leading publications such as Variety, The Hollywood Reporter and Billboard, Debra is known for her work negotiating multimillion-dollar recording contracts, as well as agreements related to publishing, worldwide touring, film soundtrack and Broadway cast albums, merchandising and sponsorships. A significant portion of her music practice centers on the development of copyright strategies and implementation of licensing efforts for digital companies, major advertisers and advertising agencies, sports and television networks, and entertainment companies.
Her experience representing talent, combined with her in-depth understanding of licensing and publishing rights, uniquely positions Debra to address the complex issues that arise when artists work with subscription streaming services and other new media companies and licensors of digital content.
She also leverages her talent and recording relationships to negotiate entertainment-related strategic marketing partnerships, tour sponsorships, brand integration agreements and celebrity product endorsement deals on behalf of advertising agencies and Fortune 500 companies from a variety of industries.
In addition, Debra represents actors, fashion designers, athletes, chefs, models and high-level industry executives in a range of traditional entertainment matters. She has been very successful at expanding her clients’ interests through ventures such as book publishing, fragrance and cosmetic licensing agreements, non-scripted television deals, and infomercials.
Debra’s practice is international in scope, and she is increasingly active in Asia’s expanding entertainment and media market, with clients that include China’s largest tech company and the most successful K-pop band in history.
New York University School of Law, J.D., magna cum laude, Order of the Coif
Denison University, B.A.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Media, technology and telecoms > Advertising and marketing: transactional and regulatory
- Intellectual property > Copyright
- M&A/corporate and commercial > M&A: middle-market (sub-$500m)
- Tax > Not-for-profit (nonprofit and tax exempt organizations)
- Media, technology and telecoms > Advertising and marketing: litigation
- Media, technology and telecoms > Outsourcing
- Media, technology and telecoms > Telecoms and broadcast: transactional
- Media, technology and telecoms > Cyber law (including data privacy and data protection)
- Industry focus > Sport
- Intellectual property > Trademarks: non-contentious (including prosecution, portfolio management and licensing)
- Media, technology and telecoms > Media and entertainment: litigation
- Real estate > Real estate
- Tax > US taxes: non-contentious
- Dispute resolution > Corporate investigations and white-collar criminal defense