Mr Kenneth Florin > Loeb & Loeb LLP > New York, United States > Lawyer Profile
Loeb & Loeb LLP Offices
345 PARK AVENUE
NEW YORK, NY 10154
- Go to...
Mr Kenneth Florin
Advanced Media & Technology
Chairman, Loeb & Loeb LLP
Kenneth R. Florin is one of the industry’s leading experts on matters involving the convergence of advertising and promotions, emerging media, technology and privacy law. In addition to a rich background in traditional marketing and communications, he has been a pioneer in counseling clients at the increasingly blurred cross section of issues associated with the use of new technologies, digital media, and emerging content production and distribution models to extend their global reach. Kenneth also counsels clients in the media, finance, healthcare, insurance, pharmaceutical and information technology sectors to protect and leverage valuable data assets in the domestic and international marketplace.
Kenneth represents Fortune 500 companies, media companies, advertising and promotions agencies, social media platforms, sports leagues and teams, and new media and interactive ventures, advising them on the development of their advertising and promotion strategies, online communities, wireless and social media initiatives, and technology-related products and services. He negotiates deals ranging from traditional agency-client, co-promotion, tie-in, and employment and sponsorship agreements to licensing deals for the digital distribution of content, Internet and e-commerce development agreements, and multi-platform branded entertainment agreements.
Kenneth reviews concepts, layouts, and copy for all forms of advertising and promotion initiatives, including sweepstakes and contests, wireless and interactive promotional campaigns, cause-related marketing programs, and auctions. He has extensive experience in the area of international promotions. In addition, Kenneth assists his clients in the development of their data collection and privacy policies, in targeted advertising matters, in the handling of regulatory and consumer inquiries and complaints, and with trademark and copyright issues.
He also counsels clients on compliance issues and claims substantiation to avoid competitive challenges in connection with their advertising and marketing programs, and represents advertisers in both defending and challenging claims before the Better Business Bureau’s National Advertising Division (NAD) and other regulatory bodies.
Additionally, Kenneth has extensive experience in the area of traditional entertainment. He has represented both corporations and artists in the negotiation of music recording, publishing, production and licensing agreements, streaming and download agreements, and television and film production and finance agreements.
Kenneth is a frequent public speaker on advertising, marketing, privacy and emerging media issues, and has written several articles for publications such as Advertising Age, PROMO magazine, and Corporate Counsel magazine, among others.
Columbia University School of Law, J.D.
University of Michigan, B.A.
United States > Media, technology and telecoms > Advertising and marketing: transactional and regulatory(Hall of Fame)
Loeb & Loeb LLP houses, in addition to its strong advertising offering, a strong entertainment team with significant media clients on its books. As a result the practice is particularly notable for its work on matters that sit at the intersection of these two areas, with recent instructions including celebrity endorsements, sponsorships, and naming rights, often working with New York-based Advanced Media and Technology practice head James Taylor, or with members of the firm’s sports-focused team. The firm is also highly active in a wide range of clearance and regulatory work, both for corporates and large agencies, as well as advising clients on social media and digital marketing issues. Brian Heidelberger chairs the Advertising, Marketing and Promotions from Chicago and is active in all areas of advertising law, while New York-based managing partner Kenneth Florin is particularly adept in the field of digital marketing.(Hall of Fame)
- Advertising and marketing: transactional and regulatory - United States > Media, technology and telecoms
- Hall of Fame - United States > Media, technology and telecoms > Advertising and marketing: litigation
- Hall of Fame - United States > Media, technology and telecoms > Advertising and marketing: transactional and regulatory
- Leading lawyers - United States > Media, technology and telecoms > Advertising and marketing: transactional and regulatory
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Media, technology and telecoms > Advertising and marketing: transactional and regulatory
- Intellectual property > Copyright
- M&A/corporate and commercial > M&A: middle-market (sub-$500m)
- Tax > Not-for-profit (nonprofit and tax exempt organizations)
- Media, technology and telecoms > Advertising and marketing: litigation
- Media, technology and telecoms > Outsourcing
- Media, technology and telecoms > Telecoms and broadcast: transactional
- Media, technology and telecoms > Cyber law (including data privacy and data protection)
- Industry focus > Sport
- Intellectual property > Trademarks: non-contentious (including prosecution, portfolio management and licensing)
- Media, technology and telecoms > Media and entertainment: litigation
- Real estate > Real estate
- Tax > US taxes: non-contentious
- Dispute resolution > Corporate investigations and white-collar criminal defense