Mr Kenneth Florin > Loeb & Loeb LLP > New York, United States > Lawyer Profile
Loeb & Loeb LLP Offices
345 PARK AVENUE
NEW YORK, NY 10154
- Go to...
Mr Kenneth Florin
Advanced Media and Technology
Chairman, Loeb & Loeb LLP
Kenneth R. Florin is one of the industry’s leading experts on matters involving the convergence of advertising and promotions, emerging media, technology and privacy law. In addition to a rich background in traditional marketing and communications, he has been a pioneer in counseling clients at the increasingly blurred cross section of issues associated with the use of new technologies, digital media, and emerging content production and distribution models to extend their global reach. Kenneth also counsels clients in the media, finance, healthcare, insurance, pharmaceutical and information technology sectors to protect and leverage valuable data assets in the domestic and international marketplace.
Kenneth represents Fortune 500 companies, media companies, advertising and promotions agencies, social media platforms, sports leagues and teams, and new media and interactive ventures, advising them on the development of their advertising and promotion strategies, online communities, wireless and social media initiatives, and technology-related products and services. He negotiates deals ranging from traditional agency-client, co-promotion, tie-in, and employment and sponsorship agreements to licensing deals for the digital distribution of content, Internet and e-commerce development agreements, and multi-platform branded entertainment agreements.
Kenneth reviews concepts, layouts, and copy for all forms of advertising and promotion initiatives, including sweepstakes and contests, wireless and interactive promotional campaigns, cause-related marketing programs, and auctions. He has extensive experience in the area of international promotions. In addition, Kenneth assists his clients in the development of their data collection and privacy policies, in targeted advertising matters, in the handling of regulatory and consumer inquiries and complaints, and with trademark and copyright issues.
He also counsels clients on compliance issues and claims substantiation to avoid competitive challenges in connection with their advertising and marketing programs, and represents advertisers in both defending and challenging claims before the Better Business Bureau’s National Advertising Division (NAD) and other regulatory bodies.
Additionally, Kenneth has extensive experience in the area of traditional entertainment. He has represented both corporations and artists in the negotiation of music recording, publishing, production and licensing agreements, streaming and download agreements, and television and film production and finance agreements.
Kenneth is a frequent public speaker on advertising, marketing, privacy and emerging media issues, and has written several articles for publications such as Advertising Age, PROMO magazine, and Corporate Counsel magazine, among others.
Columbia University School of Law, J.D.
University of Michigan, B.A.
United States > Media, technology and telecoms > Advertising and marketing: transactional and regulatory(Hall of Fame)
Loeb & Loeb LLP is a leading firm for new media and interactive technology such as e-sports and VR, a reputation that is reflected in its work for tech giants, including Google, Amazon and Facebook. In this regard, the team advises some of the world’s best-known tech and media companies on the advertising and IP aspects of their most significant joint ventures and commercial collaborations. New York-based James Taylor chairs the advanced media and technology group and has been very active in advising on mobile marketing initiatives as well as on the placement of products in video games. Also recommended in New York is firm chairman Kenneth Florin, a very well-respected name in the market. Contacts in the Chicago office include Nathan Hole, who is highly experienced in advertising promotions through social media platforms; and Brian Heidelberger, who heads up the advertising, marketing and promotions group and recently led work for Ticketmaster on its response to concert cancelations as a result of Covid-19.
- Advertising and marketing: transactional and regulatory - United States > Media, technology and telecoms
- Hall of Fame - United States > Media, technology and telecoms > Advertising and marketing: litigation
- Hall of Fame - United States > Media, technology and telecoms > Advertising and marketing: transactional and regulatory
- Leading lawyers - United States > Media, technology and telecoms > Advertising and marketing: transactional and regulatory
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Media, technology and telecoms > Advertising and marketing: transactional and regulatory
- Intellectual property > Copyright
- M&A/corporate and commercial > M&A: middle-market (sub-$500m)
- Tax > Not-for-profit (nonprofit and tax exempt organizations)
- Media, technology and telecoms > Advertising and marketing: litigation
- Media, technology and telecoms > Outsourcing
- Intellectual property > Trademarks: non-contentious (including prosecution, portfolio management and licensing)
- Media, technology and telecoms > Cyber law (including data privacy and data protection)
- Industry focus > Sport
- Media, technology and telecoms > Telecoms and broadcast: transactions
- Media, technology and telecoms > Media and entertainment: litigation
- Media, technology and telecoms > Media and entertainment: transactional
- Real estate > Real estate
- Tax > US taxes: non-contentious
- Dispute resolution > Corporate investigations and white-collar criminal defense