Mr Roger Arar > Loeb & Loeb LLP > New York, United States > Lawyer Profile
Loeb & Loeb LLP Offices
345 PARK AVENUE
NEW YORK, NY 10154
- Go to...
Mr Roger Arar
Partner and Deputy Chair, Entertainment
Roger Arar focuses his goal-oriented practice on film and television development, finance, production, distribution and talent. He provides strategic counsel to television networks, film and television production companies, independent studios and distribution companies, as well as individual producers, actors, writers, directors and investors.
He is passionate about structuring deals for his clients that maximize results. Roger takes a thoughtful and efficient approach to transactions involving development and production/co-production, finance and distribution, network license agreements, bank financing, copyright issues, private equity film investments, rights acquisitions, and talent engagements, as well as advising on insurance, guild and union matters.
Roger works with clients in traditional and new media to optimize multiple platform exploitation opportunities and anticipate new technologies. In addition, he has a fresh take on standard contracts, often revisiting arcane legal language to achieve a more streamlined documentation approach.
Columbia University School of Law, J.D.
Yale University, B.A., magna cum laude
With a practice divided between Los Angeles and New York, Loeb & Loeb LLP covers TV production, the music industry, Broadway plays, and has particular expertise in the branding side of talent management. Scott Edel co-heads the team from Los Angeles, a specialist in advising Hollywood production companies such as Showtime and Black Label Media as well as digital platforms. His fellow co-head Roger Arar is based in New York, focusing on film and TV development, finance, production, distribution, and talent. John Frankenheimer from Los Angeles chairs the firm’s music industry practice and represents both organizations as well as talent clients. Vice chair of the music industry practice Debbie White is based in New York and focuses her practice on representing music industry players as well as digital media and tech companies.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Media, technology and telecoms > Advertising and marketing: transactional and regulatory
- Intellectual property > Copyright
- Industry focus > Healthcare: life sciences
- Media, technology and telecoms > Telecoms and broadcast: transactions
- M&A/corporate and commercial > M&A: middle-market (sub-$500m)
- Tax > Not-for-profit (nonprofit and tax exempt organizations)
- Media, technology and telecoms > Advertising and marketing: litigation
- Media, technology and telecoms > Outsourcing
- Intellectual property > Trademarks: non-contentious (including prosecution, portfolio management and licensing)
- Media, technology and telecoms > Media and entertainment: transactional
- Industry focus > Sport
- Media, technology and telecoms > Cyber law (including data privacy and data protection)
- Media, technology and telecoms > Media and entertainment: litigation
- Real estate > Real estate
- Tax > US taxes: non-contentious
- Dispute resolution > Corporate investigations and white-collar criminal defense