Mr Mark Waddell > Loeb & Loeb LLP > New York, United States > Lawyer Profile
Loeb & Loeb LLP Offices
345 PARK AVENUE
NEW YORK, NY 10154
- Go to...
Mr Mark Waddell
Life Sciences; Patent Litigation & Counseling
Co-Chair, Life Sciences; Chair, Patent Litigation & Counseling
Mark Waddell practices in the areas of life sciences and intellectual property, with a particular focus on the representation of branded drug companies in Hatch-Waxman and biosimilars matters. He provides strategic analyses concerning patent and exclusivity protection while helping life sciences clients navigate complex patent and regulatory issues to bring their products to market.
In addition to acting as lead counsel in U.S. District Court, the Patent Trial and Appeal Board (PTAB) and appellate matters in the Federal Circuit and the U.S. Supreme Court, Mark has also worked on corporate matters, including acquisitions, licensing, collaboration agreements, royalty monetization and securities transactions. He has represented branded pharma clients in REMS/ETASU negotiations as well as a variety of contract disputes and antitrust analyses. His U.S. Patent and Trade Office (USPTO) experience includes post-grant and inter partes review proceedings before the PTAB as well as patent interferences.
With a background in pharmaceutical R&D, Mark has broad experience in oncology, osteoporosis, neuropharmacology, monoclonal antibody therapies and antivirals as well as solid-state chemistry, drug delivery, formulations and API syntheses. He draws upon his industry experiences as a project manager and former in-house counsel to efficiently organize legal processes and accomplish his clients’ substantive and budgetary objectives.
Seton Hall University Law School, J.D.
New Jersey Institute of Technology, B.S.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Media, technology and telecoms > Advertising and marketing: transactional and regulatory
- Intellectual property > Copyright
- M&A/corporate and commercial > M&A: middle-market (sub-$500m)
- Tax > Not-for-profit (nonprofit and tax exempt organizations)
- Media, technology and telecoms > Advertising and marketing: litigation
- Media, technology and telecoms > Outsourcing
- Media, technology and telecoms > Telecoms and broadcast: transactional
- Media, technology and telecoms > Cyber law (including data privacy and data protection)
- Industry focus > Sport
- Intellectual property > Trademarks: non-contentious (including prosecution, portfolio management and licensing)
- Media, technology and telecoms > Media and entertainment: litigation
- Real estate > Real estate
- Tax > US taxes: non-contentious
- Dispute resolution > Corporate investigations and white-collar criminal defense