Mr Akiba Stern > Loeb & Loeb LLP > New York, United States > Lawyer Profile
Loeb & Loeb LLP Offices
345 PARK AVENUE
NEW YORK, NY 10154
- Go to...
Mr Akiba Stern
Technology & Sourcing
Akiba Stern has advised clients for 30 years in all aspects of business law, both as in-house counsel and at law firms. He concentrates his practice on outsourcing, technology-enabled business transactions, e-commerce, technology transfers, licensing, intellectual property and joint ventures. He also specializes in transactions involving the commercialization of intellectual property.
Akiba helps his clients with outsourcing transactions and strategic alliances, as well as with structuring, negotiating and implementing commercial strategies, alliance structures, pricing models, governance arrangements, change management protocols, contract administration and supplier compliance strategies.
While Akiba’s outsourcing experience is across all business processes (including ITO, AD&M, F&A, HRO, KPO, logistics and facilities management) and many business verticals (including pharmaceutical, entertainment, manufacturing and packaged goods), the majority of his work is for financial services companies, including investment banks, hedge funds, commercial banks, insurance companies and specialty financiers. Akiba has developed a significant background in asset management middle and back office outsourcings.
Examples of other significant transactions that Akiba has completed include a strategic alliance between a major investment bank and a credit card issuer, a global strategic technology alliance between a multinational bank and one of the leading Internet portals, and a license agreement permitting the application of one of the world’s best known trademarks to consumer electronics.
Akiba has lectured widely and has published many articles regarding outsourcing, computer and Internet law, and intellectual property.
Boston University, M.B.A.
Boston University School of Law, J.D.
Yeshiva University, B.A.
Lawyer Rankings(Hall of Fame)
Led by Kenneth Adler out of the New York office, Loeb & Loeb LLP‘s outsourcing team is active in work brought by global clients from a range of sectors including retail, property management, financial services, and consumer goods. In addition to assisting with traditional business process outsourcing, the group is also strong in handling IT outsourcing work, such as software-as-a-service transactions. Akiba Stern is very experienced in advising financial services companies on outsourcing deals. Other key attorneys include Chicago-based Alison Pollock Schwartz and New York-based associate Benjamin Kabak.
- Hall of Fame - United States > Media, technology and telecoms > Outsourcing
- Leading lawyers - United States > Media, technology and telecoms > Outsourcing
- Outsourcing - United States > Media, technology and telecoms
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Media, technology and telecoms > Advertising and marketing: transactional and regulatory
- Intellectual property > Copyright
- M&A/corporate and commercial > M&A: middle-market (sub-$500m)
- Tax > Not-for-profit (nonprofit and tax exempt organizations)
- Media, technology and telecoms > Advertising and marketing: litigation
- Media, technology and telecoms > Outsourcing
- Intellectual property > Trademarks: non-contentious (including prosecution, portfolio management and licensing)
- Media, technology and telecoms > Cyber law (including data privacy and data protection)
- Industry focus > Sport
- Media, technology and telecoms > Telecoms and broadcast: transactions
- Media, technology and telecoms > Media and entertainment: litigation
- Media, technology and telecoms > Media and entertainment: transactional
- Real estate > Real estate
- Tax > US taxes: non-contentious
- Dispute resolution > Corporate investigations and white-collar criminal defense