Mr Akiba Stern > Loeb & Loeb LLP > New York, United States > Lawyer Profile
Loeb & Loeb LLP Offices
345 PARK AVENUE
NEW YORK, NY 10154
- Go to...
Mr Akiba Stern
Technology & Sourcing
Akiba Stern has advised clients for 30 years in all aspects of business law, both as in-house counsel and at law firms. He concentrates his practice on outsourcing, technology-enabled business transactions, e-commerce, technology transfers, licensing, intellectual property and joint ventures. He also specializes in transactions involving the commercialization of intellectual property.
Akiba helps his clients with outsourcing transactions and strategic alliances, as well as with structuring, negotiating and implementing commercial strategies, alliance structures, pricing models, governance arrangements, change management protocols, contract administration and supplier compliance strategies.
While Akiba’s outsourcing experience is across all business processes (including ITO, AD&M, F&A, HRO, KPO, logistics and facilities management) and many business verticals (including pharmaceutical, entertainment, manufacturing and packaged goods), the majority of his work is for financial services companies, including investment banks, hedge funds, commercial banks, insurance companies and specialty financiers. Akiba has developed a significant background in asset management middle and back office outsourcings.
Examples of other significant transactions that Akiba has completed include a strategic alliance between a major investment bank and a credit card issuer, a global strategic technology alliance between a multinational bank and one of the leading Internet portals, and a license agreement permitting the application of one of the world’s best known trademarks to consumer electronics.
Akiba has lectured widely and has published many articles regarding outsourcing, computer and Internet law, and intellectual property.
Boston University, M.B.A.
Boston University School of Law, J.D.
Yeshiva University, B.A.
Lawyer Rankings(Hall of Fame)
Loeb & Loeb LLP’s ‘smart and accommodating‘ practice group handles outsourcing matters in various industry sectors, including the healthcare, education, retail and software sectors. New York-based practice head Kenneth A. Adler and Chicago-based Alison Pollock Schwartz advised Northwell Health on the renegotiation and restructuring of legacy IT outsourcing engagements, while New York-based Akiba Stern and Washington DC-based Neil Lefkowitz assisted Claremont Graduate University with an outsourced program management agreement with Noodle Partners, which aims to provide an online degree program in information security. Similarly, the team advised the education services provider Evidence in Motion on an outsourced program management agreement with Baylor University for a physical therapy education program. Also in 2018, the Chicago office welcomed Brian L. Heidelberger, Robert H. Newman and Monique N. Bhargava, all of whom joined from Winston & Strawn LLP. New York-based associate Benjamin B. Kabak is another name to note.
- Hall of Fame - United States > Media, technology and telecoms > Outsourcing
- Leading lawyers - United States > Media, technology and telecoms > Outsourcing
- Outsourcing - United States > Media, technology and telecoms
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Media, technology and telecoms > Advertising and marketing: transactional
- Intellectual property > Copyright
- M&A/corporate and commercial > M&A: middle-market (sub-$500m)
- Tax > Not-for-profit (Fortune 1000 private foundations, and national trade associations and charities)
- Media, technology and telecoms > Advertising and marketing: litigation
- Media, technology and telecoms > Media and entertainment: transactional
- Media, technology and telecoms > Outsourcing
- Media, technology and telecoms > Cyber law (including data privacy and data protection)
- Industry focus > Sport
- Intellectual property > Trademarks: litigation
- Dispute resolution > Corporate investigations and white-collar criminal defense
- Real estate > Real estate
- Real estate > Real estate
- Tax > US taxes: non-contentious