Mr David Mallen > Loeb & Loeb LLP > New York, United States > Lawyer Profile
Loeb & Loeb LLP Offices
345 PARK AVENUE
NEW YORK, NY 10154
- Go to...
Mr David Mallen
Advanced Media and Technology
Partner and Co-Chair, Advertising Disputes; Chair, Retail & Consumer Brands
David has particular experience providing legal guidance on the advertising of information technology, telecommunication services, food and beverages, consumer household products, OTC drugs, dietary supplements and financial services. Additionally, he counsels clients on advertising, regulatory and privacy issues in social media and mobile platforms, including influencer marketing. He also has deep knowledge of matters involving sophisticated product testing, consumer surveys, and “green” claims in advertising and marketing.
Albany Law School, J.D.
Cornell University, B.S.
Loeb & Loeb LLP represents a number of market-leading corporates in advertising disputes, and is especially active in defending companies before the NAD and the NARB. Practice co-chair David Mallen is uniquely experienced in this area, having previously served as a former deputy director of the NAD. Joint practice head Thomas Jirgal is recommended for matters in the TMT sector, and particularly in cases requiring an in depth knowledge of telecoms. Another contact in this space is Jason Stiehl, who has experience in consumer fraud cases involving the TCPA and the Electronic Funds Transfer Act. Brian Heidelberger oversees the advertising, marketing and promotions group and is an expert in false and misleading advertising claims. Also recommended is James Taylor, a contact for ad-tech and data privacy matters.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Media, technology and telecoms > Advertising and marketing: transactional and regulatory
- Intellectual property > Copyright
- M&A/corporate and commercial > M&A: middle-market (sub-$500m)
- Tax > Not-for-profit (nonprofit and tax exempt organizations)
- Media, technology and telecoms > Advertising and marketing: litigation
- Media, technology and telecoms > Outsourcing
- Intellectual property > Trademarks: non-contentious (including prosecution, portfolio management and licensing)
- Media, technology and telecoms > Cyber law (including data privacy and data protection)
- Industry focus > Sport
- Media, technology and telecoms > Telecoms and broadcast: transactions
- Media, technology and telecoms > Media and entertainment: litigation
- Media, technology and telecoms > Media and entertainment: transactional
- Real estate > Real estate
- Tax > US taxes: non-contentious
- Dispute resolution > Corporate investigations and white-collar criminal defense