Mr Brian Socolow > Loeb & Loeb LLP > New York, United States > Lawyer Profile
Loeb & Loeb LLP Offices
345 PARK AVENUE
NEW YORK, NY 10154
- Go to...
Mr Brian Socolow
Brian Socolow represents athletes, teams, event owners, media companies, equipment manufacturers and others in the sports industry in complex commercial transactions and business disputes.
Brian has a particular depth of experience in the rapidly growing sports technology and data sector. He advises manufacturers of wearable devices and other sports technology companies on data collection and use practices, security issues, and licensing matters. In addition, Brian has developed a niche in the emerging sports market, helping clients grow their sport and develop their brands.
University of Virginia School of Law, J.D.
Yale University, B.A., magna cum laude
Loeb & Loeb LLP houses a multidisciplinary team with experience in litigation, financing, corporate and commercial work, and intellectual property to provide a full service to sports sector clients. One of the key growth areas for the team is esports, where the firm acts for high-profile individuals in media rights and endorsement deals, as well as representing league operators in broadcast rights and venue licensing matters. The bicoastal practice is chaired by Arash Khalili and Brian Socolow, who are based in Los Angeles and New York respectively, both of whom are highly experienced in IP-related transactions along with a wide range of commercial work. On the contentious side, Chicago-based IP and advertising litigator Douglas Masters is highly active in the brand protection space, working with brand owners, sports leagues, and individual athletes on copyright and trademark matters. In late 2019, the firm saw the arrival of Derek Crownover, who joined the Nashville office from Dickinson Wright PLLC and handles a broad spectrum of commercial work, with a particular specialism in copyright matters.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Media, technology and telecoms > Advertising and marketing: transactional and regulatory
- Intellectual property > Copyright
- M&A/corporate and commercial > M&A: middle-market (sub-$500m)
- Tax > Not-for-profit (nonprofit and tax exempt organizations)
- Media, technology and telecoms > Advertising and marketing: litigation
- Media, technology and telecoms > Outsourcing
- Media, technology and telecoms > Telecoms and broadcast: transactional
- Media, technology and telecoms > Cyber law (including data privacy and data protection)
- Industry focus > Sport
- Intellectual property > Trademarks: non-contentious (including prosecution, portfolio management and licensing)
- Media, technology and telecoms > Media and entertainment: litigation
- Real estate > Real estate
- Tax > US taxes: non-contentious
- Dispute resolution > Corporate investigations and white-collar criminal defense