Mr Kenneth Florin > Loeb & Loeb LLP > New York, United States > Lawyer Profile
Loeb & Loeb LLP Offices
345 PARK AVENUE
NEW YORK, NY 10154
- Go to...
Mr Kenneth Florin
Advanced Media and Technology
Chairman, Loeb & Loeb LLP
Kenneth R. Florin is one of the industry’s leading experts on matters involving the convergence of advertising and promotions, emerging media, technology and privacy law. In addition to a rich background in traditional marketing and communications, he has been a pioneer in counseling clients at the increasingly blurred cross section of issues associated with the use of new technologies, digital media, and emerging content production and distribution models to extend their global reach. Kenneth also counsels clients in the media, finance, healthcare, insurance, pharmaceutical and information technology sectors to protect and leverage valuable data assets in the domestic and international marketplace.
Kenneth represents Fortune 500 companies, media companies, advertising and promotions agencies, social media platforms, sports leagues and teams, and new media and interactive ventures, advising them on the development of their advertising and promotion strategies, online communities, wireless and social media initiatives, and technology-related products and services. He negotiates deals ranging from traditional agency-client, co-promotion, tie-in, and employment and sponsorship agreements to licensing deals for the digital distribution of content, Internet and e-commerce development agreements, and multi-platform branded entertainment agreements.
Kenneth reviews concepts, layouts, and copy for all forms of advertising and promotion initiatives, including sweepstakes and contests, wireless and interactive promotional campaigns, cause-related marketing programs, and auctions. He has extensive experience in the area of international promotions. In addition, Kenneth assists his clients in the development of their data collection and privacy policies, in targeted advertising matters, in the handling of regulatory and consumer inquiries and complaints, and with trademark and copyright issues.
He also counsels clients on compliance issues and claims substantiation to avoid competitive challenges in connection with their advertising and marketing programs, and represents advertisers in both defending and challenging claims before the Better Business Bureau’s National Advertising Division (NAD) and other regulatory bodies.
Additionally, Kenneth has extensive experience in the area of traditional entertainment. He has represented both corporations and artists in the negotiation of music recording, publishing, production and licensing agreements, streaming and download agreements, and television and film production and finance agreements.
Kenneth is a frequent public speaker on advertising, marketing, privacy and emerging media issues, and has written several articles for publications such as Advertising Age, PROMO magazine, and Corporate Counsel magazine, among others.
Columbia University School of Law, J.D.
University of Michigan, B.A.
United States > Media, technology and telecoms > Advertising and marketing: transactional and regulatory(Hall of Fame)
Loeb & Loeb LLP has a wide, integrated practice, providing advice across advertising, marketing, media, intellectual property, brand marketing, technology, and privacy law. Recent highlights include helping Olympic sponsors in connection with the postponement of the Tokyo 2020 games to create virtual concerts and festivals and to set up live-streaming platforms, among others. The leading team is composed of James Taylor in New York, acting as chair of the advanced media and technology group, co-chair Amir Azaran in Chicago, where also advertising, marketing and promotions head Brian Heidelberger is based, and co-chair Melanie Howard in Los Angeles, who also leads the IP and luxury brands departments. Kenneth Florin acts as chairman of the firm and is an expert in the convergence of advertising and promotions, emerging media, technology and privacy law.
- Advertising and marketing: transactional and regulatory - United States > Media, technology and telecoms
- Hall of Fame - United States > Media, technology and telecoms > Advertising and marketing: transactional and regulatory
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Media, technology and telecoms > Advertising and marketing: transactional and regulatory
- Intellectual property > Copyright
- Industry focus > Healthcare: life sciences
- Media, technology and telecoms > Telecoms and broadcast: transactions
- M&A/corporate and commercial > M&A: middle-market (sub-$500m)
- Tax > Not-for-profit (nonprofit and tax exempt organizations)
- Media, technology and telecoms > Advertising and marketing: litigation
- Media, technology and telecoms > Outsourcing
- Intellectual property > Trademarks: non-contentious (including prosecution, portfolio management and licensing)
- Media, technology and telecoms > Media and entertainment: transactional
- Industry focus > Sport
- Media, technology and telecoms > Cyber law (including data privacy and data protection)
- Media, technology and telecoms > Media and entertainment: litigation
- Real estate > Real estate
- Tax > US taxes: non-contentious
- Dispute resolution > Corporate investigations and white-collar criminal defense