Matthew Richards > Nixon Peabody LLP > San Francisco, United States > Lawyer Profile
Nixon Peabody LLP Offices
ONE EMBARCADERO CENTER, SUITE 1800
SAN FRANCISCO, CA 94111
- Go to...
United States > Real estate > Construction (including construction litigation)
Nixon Peabody LLP primarily represents owners of public and private projects, as well as developers active in mixed-use, energy, hospitality and residential projects. Anthony Barron, managing partner of the San Francisco office, recently represented 5th Rock LLC, the developer of the Hard Rock Hotel in San Diego, in a dispute brought by the owner seeking approximately $80m in alleged damages and lost revenue in connection with the potential temporary closure of the hotel. Barron, supported by fellow San Francisco partner Matthew Richards, also represented the University of California in $40m claims for breach of contract and negligence brought against the designers, contractors and suppliers of utility piping at the client’s Mission Bay campus. Alongside Los Angeles-based Justin Thompson, Barron supported San Francisco partner John Foust as construction counsel to Oceanwide, the owner and developer of $1.6bn worth of developments in San Francisco and Los Angeles. Boston-based Jeffrey Brenner and Rochester-based Bruce Baker assisted North Hill Needham with review and analysis of contractor claims and change orders resulting from a $30m multi-year expansion project in Boston.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- M&A/corporate and commercial > M&A: middle-market (sub-$500m)
- Industry focus > Transport: aviation and air travel - litigation
- Real estate > Construction (including construction litigation)
- Dispute resolution > Product liability, mass tort and class actions: toxic tort - defense
- Intellectual property > Trade secrets (litigation and non-contentious matters)
- Industry focus > Healthcare: service providers