Torsten Volkholz > Latham & Watkins LLP > Hamburg, Germany > Lawyer Profile
Latham & Watkins LLP Offices
- Go to...
Dr. Torsten Volkholz advises German and global sponsors, borrowers, and lenders on domestic and cross-border finance, real estate, and restructuring matters.
He maintains long-standing relationships with clients on all sides of real estate transactions, advising on:
- Real estate finance
- Acquisition finance
- Restructuring finance
- Asset-based and general corporate lending
Mr. Volkholz also advises creditors and investors of distressed companies on corporate and real estate portfolio restructurings.
Drawing on his legal training in England, the US, and Germany, and his previous work in a commercial bank and as an assistant lecturer at the University of Kiel and at Bucerius Law School, he provides clients with a comprehensive perspective on their matters.
Mr. Volkholz also advises clients on a range of matters related to the law pertaining to German foundations.
Latham & Watkins LLP profitiert von den starken Corporate- und M&A-Praxen sowie dem tiefen Fußabdruck im Private Equity-Segment und ist so regelmäßig in nationalen und grenzüberschreitenden Immobilientransaktionen eingebunden. Man betreut unter anderem Private Equity-Investoren, Vermögensverwalter, Fonds und Banken bei der Ankaufs- und Refinanzierung von Einzelobjekten, Portfolios und Projektentwicklungen sämtlicher Assetklassen. Torsten Volkholz leitet das Team von Hamburg aus und verfügt neben der Finanzierungsexpertise über langjährige Erfahrung in der Restrukturierung von Immobilienanlagen.
Latham & Watkins LLP benefits from its robust corporate and M&A practices as well as from the firm’s deep footprint in the private equity space, which translates into a steady flow of national and cross-border real estate transactions. The team assists private equity investors, asset managers, funds and banks with the acquisition financing and refinancing of individual properties, real estate portfolios and project developments across various asset classes. Torsten Volkholz heads the team from Hamburg and, in addition to his financing expertise, has many years of experience in the restructuring of real estate investments.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Information technology > Data protection
- Capital markets > Equity capital markets
- Banking and finance > Fintech
- Banking and finance > Lending and borrowing
- Restructuring and insolvency > Restructuring
- Private equity > Transactions
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation
- Corporate and M&A > Corporate
- Capital markets > Debt capital markets
- Banking and finance > Financial services: regulatory
- Industry focus > Healthcare and life sciences
- Information technology > IT transactions and outsourcing
- Corporate and M&A > M&A: large deals (€500m+)
- Corporate and M&A > M&A: mid-sized deals (sub-€500m)
- Dispute resolution > Arbitration (including international arbitration)
- Dispute resolution > Financial services: litigation
- Compliance > Compliance
- Information technology > Information technology and digitalisation
- Compliance > Internal investigations
- Banking and finance > Real estate finance
- Industry focus > Energy