Ms Joshua Yablonski > Katten > Charlotte, United States > Lawyer Profile
550 SOUTH TRYON STREET
CHARLOTTE, NC 28202-4213
- Go to...
Ms Joshua Yablonski
Structured Finance and Securitization
Joshua J. Yablonski has extensive experience related to issues involving commercial mortgage-backed securities (CMBS) transactions, representing a wide range of clients. He has represented issuers and underwriters in both public and private (144A) offerings of CMBS, including successfully handling the first Regulation AB II offering of a CMBS for the related issuer.
Josh has experience working on behalf of purchasers and servicers of mortgage- and asset-backed securities, warehouse facilities and commercial paper. He also focuses on innovative financial transactions involving a variety of asset types as well as advises lenders in connection with loan originations and sales, and issuers and underwriters with respect to resecuritizations of mortgage-backed securities.
Prior to joining Katten, Josh was a CMBS attorney at Cadwalader Wickersham & Taft LLP.
United States > Finance > Structured finance: securitization
Katten is ‘one of the few firms with the depth of experience necessary to handle complex issuer-side CRE CLOs‘. Leveraging ‘an impressively deep bench‘, the firm is able to ‘provide excellent legal service across a variety of related practice areas‘, and is driven by ‘a keen understanding of its clients’ business needs‘. Jointly headed by Howard Schickler and Washington DC-based Anna-Liza Harris, the team is among the market’s most active issuer-side counsel, and is especially well known in the RMBS, auto and equipment sectors. Harris, alongside Chris DiAngelo and Washington DC-based Seth Messner, are acting for Aspen Capital and its affiliated public REIT in the securitization of re-performing and non-performing mortgage loans. Also in the mortgage loan space, the team advised Marathon Asset Management, as collateral manager, on its first CRE CLO since the 2008 financial crisis. Other key contacts include Joseph Topolski, who advised Westlake Financial Services on multiple issuances of sub-prime auto loan ABS, and Stanford Renas, who acts for clients such as Deutsche Bank Securities in CLO transactions. Joshua Yablonski in the Charlotte office, and Claudine Chen-Young in Washington DC are also recommended. GM Financial, Ford Motor Credit Company and Fannie Mae are among the team’s key clients.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Labor and employment > Workplace and employment counseling
- Finance > Structured finance: securitization
- M&A: middle-market (sub-$500m)
- M&A/corporate and commercial > M&A: middle-market (sub-$500m)
- Real estate > Real estate
- Finance > Structured finance: derivatives and structured products
- Media, technology and telecoms > Advertising and marketing: transactional
- Investment fund formation and management > Alternative/hedge funds
- Finance > Commercial lending
- Intellectual property > Copyright
- Industry focus > Environment: litigation
- Industry focus > Environment: regulatory
- Dispute resolution > Securities litigation - defense
- Intellectual property > Trademarks: litigation
- Industry focus > Transport: aviation and air travel - finance
- Dispute resolution > Financial services litigation
- Media, technology and telecoms > Media and entertainment: transactional
- Finance > Restructuring (including bankruptcy): corporate
- Industry focus > Sport
- Dispute resolution > Corporate investigations and white-collar criminal defense
- Dispute resolution > General commercial disputes
- Industry focus > Healthcare: service providers
- Media, technology and telecoms > Media and entertainment: litigation
- Private equity buyouts
- M&A/corporate and commercial > Private equity buyouts
- Tax > US taxes: non-contentious
- Finance > Financial services regulation