Mr Adam Klein > Katten > Chicago, United States > Lawyer Profile
525 WEST MONROE STREET
CHICAGO, IL 60661-3693
- Go to...
Mr Adam Klein
Sports and Sports Facilities
Adam Klein counsels a wide range of clients nationwide on matters related to the business of professional sports, including various Major League Baseball, National Basketball Association, National Hockey League and Major League Soccer teams, arenas and stadiums, lenders, investors, sponsors and regional sports networks.
Adam’s sports clients have included the Chicago White Sox, Chicago Bulls, Oakland Athletics, Philadelphia Phillies, St. Louis Blues, New York Islanders, Seattle NHL expansion team, Golden State Warriors, Sacramento Kings, Milwaukee Bucks, Boston Celtics, Detroit Pistons, Atlanta Hawks, Miami Heat, Oklahoma City Thunder, San Antonio Spurs, Chicago Fire, Philadelphia Union, San Jose Earthquakes, United Center, Chase Center, Golden 1 Center, Fiserv Forum and 120 Sports (Stadium), as well as investors in the New York Mets, Memphis Grizzlies, Pittsburgh Penguins and Swansea City AFC.
In the highly self-regulated field of professional sports, Adam has the experience to handle a variety of transactions with maximum efficiency. That is attributable in part to his detailed knowledge of applicable league rules and the issues related to operating a team and its home venue. Equally important are the strong relationships that Adam has established across leagues, teams, venues and their advisors. His clients understand and appreciate the vested interest he takes in helping them make informed decisions in connection with significant transactions.
JD, Harvard Law School, 1995; BS, Cornell University, 1992
Katten Muchin Rosenman LLP is particularly strong on the transactional side, frequently assisting clients with debt and equity financings, stadium and arena construction and financing, concession deals, broadcast agreements and acquisitions and sales of sports franchises. Chicago-based Adam Klein, who regularly advises investors, teams, sponsors and arenas to advise on financing and acquisition transactions, directs the practice. Supporting the team in Los Angeles is Benzion Westreich, a real estate expert, and Daniel Render, whose expertise spans acquisitions and sales, sponsorship deals and naming rights agreements.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- M&A/corporate and commercial > M&A: middle-market (sub-$500m)
- Finance > Structured finance: derivatives and structured products
- Finance > Structured finance: securitization
- Investment fund formation and management > Alternative/hedge funds
- Intellectual property > Copyright
- Dispute resolution > Securities litigation: defense
- Intellectual property > Trademarks: litigation
- Industry focus > Transport: aviation and air travel - finance
- Dispute resolution > Financial services litigation
- Media, technology and telecoms > Media and entertainment: litigation
- Media, technology and telecoms > Media and entertainment: transactional
- Real estate > Real estate
- Finance > Restructuring (including bankruptcy): corporate
- Industry focus > Sport
- Dispute resolution > General commercial disputes
- Industry focus > Healthcare: service providers
- M&A/corporate and commercial > Venture capital and emerging companies
- Tax > US taxes: non-contentious
- Finance > Financial services regulation
- Finance > Commercial lending
- Dispute resolution > Corporate investigations and white-collar criminal defense