Mr Doron Goldstein > Katten > New York, United States > Lawyer Profile
575 MADISON AVENUE
NEW YORK, NY 10022-2585
- Go to...
Mr Doron Goldstein
Privacy, Data, and Cybersecurity
Doron Goldstein, co-head of the Privacy, Data and Cybersecurity practice and Katten privacy officer, has a well-earned reputation for helping clients from start-ups to multinationals overcome complex and sometimes frightening situations involving their data security and information technology. Whether a client is looking to develop or implement programs to protect itself against attackers, or recover from a data breach that already occurred, Doron’s combination of technical and legal experience helps clients prioritize issues and develop a manageable action plan.
A former software developer and network administrator, Doron is part of the inaugural group of 27 lawyers certified as a Privacy Law Specialist by the International Association of Privacy Professionals (IAPP), accredited by the American Bar Association; the IAPP is not affiliated with any governmental authority. His IT background allows him to thoroughly understand his clients’ operations, and to evaluate the risks they face. The combination of his business experience, technical understanding and legal knowledge allows him to provide the most informed and practical advice to clients.
Doron’s work spans a variety of industries, with a concentration in hospitality, financial services, retail and consumer products, and healthcare. He works closely with his clients’ legal and technology teams on complex data management, cloud and software-as-a-service (SaaS) issues, and outsourcing arrangements.
As the former managing partner of an internet advertising company, Doron’s unique skill set allows him to provide valuable advice and insight to clients on their advertising, marketing and promotions programs to make sure they not only comply with the law, but are also effective.
Mcgill University, LLB,1998; Mcgill University, BCL,1998; Mcgill University, BA,1994
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- M&A/corporate and commercial > M&A: middle-market (sub-$500m)
- Finance > Structured finance: derivatives and structured products
- Finance > Structured finance: securitization
- Investment fund formation and management > Alternative/hedge funds
- Intellectual property > Copyright
- Dispute resolution > Securities litigation: defense
- Intellectual property > Trademarks: litigation
- Industry focus > Transport: aviation and air travel - finance
- Dispute resolution > Financial services litigation
- Media, technology and telecoms > Media and entertainment: litigation
- Media, technology and telecoms > Media and entertainment: transactional
- Real estate > Real estate
- Finance > Restructuring (including bankruptcy): corporate
- Industry focus > Sport
- Dispute resolution > General commercial disputes
- Industry focus > Healthcare: service providers
- M&A/corporate and commercial > Venture capital and emerging companies
- Tax > US taxes: non-contentious
- Finance > Financial services regulation
- Finance > Commercial lending
- Dispute resolution > Corporate investigations and white-collar criminal defense