Mr Doron Goldstein > Katten > New York, United States > Lawyer Profile
575 MADISON AVENUE
NEW YORK, NY 10022-2585
- Go to...
Mr Doron Goldstein
Doron S. Goldstein is a member of Katten’s Intellectual Property department, and co-head of the firm’s Privacy, Data and Cybersecurity practice, as well as deputy general counsel to the firm. He is an International Association of Privacy Professionals (IAPP) Fellow of Information Privacy (FIP) and was named a “Cybersecurity Trailblazer” by the National Law Journal. With his background in information technology, Doron works closely with clients’ legal and technology teams in complex data management, cloud and software-as-a-service (SaaS), and outsourcing arrangements, and counsels clients on privacy practices, information security, and data breach planning and response.
Doron also co-heads Katten’s Advertising, Marketing and Promotions group, and regularly advises on various aspects of advertising and promotional programs, branded entertainment, and integrated marketing campaigns, including talent and production agreements, advertising agency relationships, user-generated content, Internet distribution, brand and product integration, sponsorships, and promotions. In addition, he provides counsel on trademarks and branding, including with respect to certification marks and geographical indications.
Clients from a variety of fields, including consumer electronics, chemical manufacturing, financial services, information technology and biotechnology, seek Doron’s representation in licensing and establishing joint ventures and strategic alliances to exploit intellectual property and technology. He also represents clients in complex royalty sales and intellectual property and whole business securitizations, and advises on intellectual property concerns in bankruptcy.
Doron worked with the Information Highway Advisory Council of the Government of Canada (Industry Canada) regarding crown copyright and the publication of federal statutes on the Internet. He has been a member of the Electronic Commerce Working Group of the Uniform Law Conference of Canada, and was involved in drafting the Uniform Electronic Commerce Act.
Mcgill University, LLB,1998; Mcgill University, BCL,1998; Mcgill University, BA,1994
United States > Media, technology and telecoms > Advertising and marketing: transactional
Katten has experience spanning from the consumer products, fashion, food and beverage and luxury sectors to technology and software and the medical, sport and gaming industries. The group handles a range of contractual issues and sponsorship agreements for its impressive client roster that includes Calvin Klein, Agave Loco and PepsiCo. The team also continues to act for the Chicago White Sox, Chicago Bulls and Chicago Blackhawks in connection with new telecast rights agreements and sponsorship agreements, and advised the Bulls on the negotiation of documents related to obtaining the right to host the NBA All Star Game at the United Center. New York-based Doron Goldstein heads the practice alongside Kristin Achterhof in Chicago. Other key names to note include Floyd Mandell, also in Chicago, and intellectual property partner Sean Wooden who recently joined the Washington DC office from Hunton Andrews Kurth LLP‘s legacy firm, Andrews Kurth Kenyon LLP.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Labor and employment > Workplace and employment counseling
- Finance > Structured finance: securitization
- M&A: middle-market (sub-$500m)
- M&A/corporate and commercial > M&A: middle-market (sub-$500m)
- Real estate > Real estate
- Finance > Structured finance: derivatives and structured products
- Media, technology and telecoms > Advertising and marketing: transactional
- Investment fund formation and management > Alternative/hedge funds
- Finance > Commercial lending
- Intellectual property > Copyright
- Industry focus > Environment: litigation
- Industry focus > Environment: regulatory
- Dispute resolution > Securities litigation - defense
- Intellectual property > Trademarks: litigation
- Industry focus > Transport: aviation and air travel - finance
- Dispute resolution > Financial services litigation
- Media, technology and telecoms > Media and entertainment: transactional
- Finance > Restructuring (including bankruptcy): corporate
- Industry focus > Sport
- Dispute resolution > Corporate investigations and white-collar criminal defense
- Dispute resolution > General commercial disputes
- Industry focus > Healthcare: service providers
- Media, technology and telecoms > Media and entertainment: litigation
- Private equity buyouts
- M&A/corporate and commercial > Private equity buyouts
- Tax > US taxes: non-contentious
- Finance > Financial services regulation