Mr Tom Healey > Katten > Washington DC, United States > Lawyer Profile
2900 K STREET NW
NORTH TOWER, SUITE 200
WASHINGTON, DC 20007-5118
- Go to...
Mr Tom Healey
Thomas E. Healey regularly represents parties on transactions involving junior and senior loans and intercreditor issues.
Tom acts for financiers on all aspects of workouts for numerous aircraft in airline reorganizations in North and South America. He represents finance parties, operators and governments on export credit financings and works regularly on predelivery payment facilities and asset and credit support agreements. He worked for the aircraft manufacturer Embraer on the 2011 Airfinance Journal Regional Jet Deal of the Year involving Aldus Aviation, and the 2003 Airfinance Journal Aircraft Order of the Year with JetBlue Airways. Tom’s experience also includes the sale of a portfolio of junior debt secured by 80 aircraft, which was named Airfinance Journal‘s 2007 Aerospace Deal of the Year.
Buyers and sellers of business aircraft and participants in fractional programs seek Tom’s counsel on purchase agreements, financing and regulatory compliance.
Tom’s clients say that “He understands the dynamics of the business very well. He is one of the guys that is trying to find ways to overcome challenging situations,” according to Chambers USA.
United States > Industry focus > Transport: aviation and air travel - finance
The ‘top-quality’ team at Katten has experience in cross-border and emerging market structured finance deals and commercial fleet transactions, and also handles the sale, financing, purchase and operation of business jets. Department head Timothy Lynes (‘a good leader’) advised long-standing client Embraer on several matters, including the ongoing amendments to the purchase agreement between Embraer and SkyWest, regarding SkyWest’s purchase of more than 100 aircraft. Further, Lynes and Jane Cavanaugh advised Citibank on the sale by Wells Fargo Bank Northwest, National Association of four Boeing 757-200 airframes to Cavu Aerospace. Tom Healey is also noted, as are New York-based Stewart Herman and securitization expert Paul Kruger, who joined in 2018 from Sidley Austin LLP. Named lawyers are based in Washington DC unless stated otherwise.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Labor and employment > Workplace and employment counseling
- Finance > Structured finance: securitization
- M&A: middle-market (sub-$500m)
- M&A/corporate and commercial > M&A: middle-market (sub-$500m)
- Real estate > Real estate
- Finance > Structured finance: derivatives and structured products
- Media, technology and telecoms > Advertising and marketing: transactional
- Investment fund formation and management > Alternative/hedge funds
- Finance > Commercial lending
- Intellectual property > Copyright
- Industry focus > Environment: litigation
- Industry focus > Environment: regulatory
- Dispute resolution > Securities litigation - defense
- Intellectual property > Trademarks: litigation
- Industry focus > Transport: aviation and air travel - finance
- Dispute resolution > Financial services litigation
- Media, technology and telecoms > Media and entertainment: transactional
- Finance > Restructuring (including bankruptcy): corporate
- Industry focus > Sport
- Dispute resolution > Corporate investigations and white-collar criminal defense
- Dispute resolution > General commercial disputes
- Industry focus > Healthcare: service providers
- Media, technology and telecoms > Media and entertainment: litigation
- Private equity buyouts
- M&A/corporate and commercial > Private equity buyouts
- Tax > US taxes: non-contentious
- Finance > Financial services regulation